Chapter 3: Limo

A week had passed, and it was finally time for me to go to the House of Cards.

While Dad cleaned up the kitchen from breakfast, Mom and I were in my room packing my suitcase.

I reached over my bed to grab my pills from the nightstand when Mom suddenly placed her hand on my arm. I looked back at her, confused. She shook her head.

"You won't be needing those."

"But why?" My parents always made me take my pills wherever I go. Whether it's to the store or a restaurant. I carry them just in case I have a random "outburst."

But Mom just shook her head again. "Don't worry about it." I stared at her for a moment, then shrugged my shoulders.

A few minutes later, we finished packing and made our way to the family room. Dad was standing by the door, car keys in hand. "Ready to go?" "Yes." I replied, fixing the zipper on my suitcase.

We all walked into the garage and climbed inside the car. The mayor was supposed to take me to the House of Cards, so we had to go to his house.

As we were driving, thoughts are developing inside my head. What will I do when I first get there? Who lives at the House of Cards? Do they know what happened to the past girls?

Do they know what happened to Yeeun?

I didn't notice that I fell asleep until Mom was calling my name and shaking my shoulder. I opened my eyes and saw that we were at the mayor's. I grabbed my suitcase and climbed out of the car, closing the door behind me.

"Ah, you're here now, Seungyeon." Mayor Park said. "Yep, the one and only." I chirped.

I turned to my parents and noticed that Mom was holding something in her hands.

It was a red scarf.

Yeeun was given a red scarf four years ago.

"What's that you're holding, Mom?" I asked, trying to hold back my tears. "This is what I call my lucky red scarf. I sewed it myself."

Mom walked towards me and wrapped the scarf around my neck. "I had a red scarf like this years ago, but I don't know where it is."

You gave it to Yeeun, but she disappeared. Is what I wanted to say, but I said, "Thank you, Mom. I'll keep this safe."

I gave her a hug and then hugged Dad. I picked up my suitcase and walked to the mayor. "I'm ready now."

Mayor Park smiled. "Wonderful. Let's go to the limo now."

I waved one last goodbye to my parents and followed the mayor behind the gate. There was a small black limo, and the driver was standing next to it.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked us. "Yes. Let's go to the House of Cards."

We arrived at a tall hill with a forest. There was a large wooden gate surrounding it. "We need to stop here. From there, you will need to walk up the hill through the forest." Mayor Park explained.

"How will I find the House of Cards though?" I asked.

"There's a stone path that would lead you there. Legend says the House of Cards is a seven-story brick house surrounded will purple roses."

"Wait, so you never actually seen it?"

"No. I only learned about it through legends."

That was strange. How does the mayor know so much about the House of Cards, yet he doesn't remember the girls who get sent there.

Maybe he's involved with their disappearance and only pretends to forget them.

Just a theory.

I climbed out the limbo and the driver handed me my suitcase from the trunk. "Have a safe journey, Miss Jang." he said.

"Thank you...um, what's your name?" I asked.

He smiled. "Kim Jiwon. I hope we meet again."

Jiwon opened the gate for me and I walked in. The forest was deep and dark, but I saw the stone path Mayor Park was talking about.

I took a deep breath. "Time to solve this mystery."

"And hopefully find you, Yeeun."

—————
Sorry if this chapter was boring, but I'll get better, trust me.
Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote!