Chapter 19: Secrets

—————

On the next day, I decided to visit my parents. I didn't remember where they lived, but Jin did. So he walked with me to their house.

Their house was near the beach. It was a grand house that sat on a hill supported by wooden stilts.

Jin and I walked up the hill and knocked on the door. I was shaking, and he held tightly onto my hand. I smiled at him.

Finally, the door opened and it revealed a woman who looked like my mother from the present. Her eyes lit up when she saw us. "Somi! I haven't seen you in a long time!"

"Yes, it's been a while," I said, having no clue how to reply. She leaned over and wrapped her arms around me for a hug. I hugged her back.

She released from the hug and looked at Jin. "How is she treating you, Seokjin? You know how stubborn Somi can get."

"Wait, stubborn?" I asked. Jin held in a laugh. "She's doing well, Mrs. Park. I'm glad that you allowed me to marry her." My mother giggled, "Please, call me Mother; you're a part of our family now. Come in you two; I have a lot of leftovers from breakfast."

Jin and I followed Mother into the house. It was beautiful on the inside: clean white walls, clean wooden floors, and polished furniture. I guess my past family was wealthy.

We walked into the kitchen and there was a man, supposedly my father, reading a book. He looked up when we walked in and smiled. "Good morning Somi and Seokjin. How are you?"

"We're doing good," I replied. Then another person walked in, whom I didn't recognize. She looked like a copy of me, but with stronger facial features. I leaned over to Jin and asked who was that.

"That's your twin sister, Sojin. She isn't married and lives here as well."

Wait, twin sister? I never had a twin sister in my present life.

Sojin turned her gaze to me and frowned. "Aren't you supposed to be on a honeymoon or something?" she asked coldly. "Sojin!" Mother smacked her on her forehead. "Don't talk to your sister like that! At least she's married!"

Sojin rolled her eyes and walked away. I excused myself and followed her into one of the living rooms. She was sitting at a desk, resting her head in her hands. I cleared my throat and she looked up. "Hey, h-how are you?"

Sojin shook her head and looked away. "Don't talk to me right now." I walked towards her. "What are you so mad about? Did I do something wrong?"

She turned her gaze to me with a furious look in her eyes. "You know what you did, Somi. You stole Jin from me, you had Yoongi. Why didn't you just stay with him?"

Wait, did she just say Yoongi? And what did she mean about Jin?

"Jin was never yours in the first place," I stated.

"He wasn't yours either. He was in love with Chaewon before he met you. You're not his first."

It seemed like everything around me had stopped in time. Without thinking, I ran out of the room into the kitchen. My parents and Jin gave me a worried look when I entered. "Somi, are you okay?" Jin asked.

Before he could hold my hand, I slapped it away. I ran out of the house and cried my eyes out.

—————

She must've found out about something; something she shouldn't have.

I made my way to where Sojin was at. She was standing up looking at the window. "What did you say to her, Sojin?" I growled.

Sojin turned around and chuckled. "I told her the truth, baby. Something you should've told her a long time ago."

She walked towards me and reached over to close the door. Then she wrapped her arms from behind me. A familiar feeling came back from my body.

"I thought your player phase was over, Jinny, but I guess I was wrong."

I turned around and looked into her eyes. I melted into her hazel eyes and couldn't resist anymore. I leaned into her and kissed her hungrily.

Sojin pulled my head closer and kissed me back. Soon, we were on the couch and she was under me.

I started to tug on her dress when I realized what I was about to do. I stopped and leaned back, sitting up from my position. "This is wrong," I said, leaning my hands into my head.

"Well, you have three women falling at your knees," Sojin sat up next to me, playing with my hair. "You knew how much you missed me."

"But I'm married now. I'm trying to fix that relationship, and you're not helping."

"You're the one that kissed me first, Jinny."

She wasn't wrong.

"Ugh, I need to go find Somi." I stood up and fixed myself up. I opened the door and walked out of the room. Somi's parents were sitting in another room. I opened the front door and walked down the hill, hoping to find Somi. Then I found her sitting down, watching the waves at the beach.

I sighed and walked to her, sitting down next to her. "So—"

"Keep your mouth shut, Seokjin," Somi snapped. "But—"

"I said shut your mouth. I don't trust you anymore because you keep hiding secrets from me."

"I'm trying to protect you."

"Protect me from what? You do remember why we're here. I need to find out about my past before we go back to the present, and you're not helping!"

Silence rang between us. "I'm sorry, Somi. Please forgive me."

"I'm sorry Jin, I can't forgive you this ti—" she stopped mid-sentence and placed her hand over her mouth. Then she got up and ran behind a tree, vomiting. I ran to her, but she held her hand up. "I said leave me alone."

—————

I immediately felt nauseous. I couldn't explain why. Maybe it was because of all the stress Jin gave me.

I dusted myself off and walked back inside my parents' house. I told them I needed to leave and that I'll see them soon.

After we said our goodbyes, I walked out of the house and made my way back to Jin's. He was following behind me and didn't say a word.

A few minutes later, we arrived back and I went straight to Yoongi's room. Jin stayed and talked to Namjoon and Jungkook.

Yoongi was napping when I walked in. He saw me and smiled, sitting up. I sat next to him and leaned on his shoulder.

"I have questions to ask you."

—————
Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and follow!