Together (four)

Innocence. The conversation they had the night before still vivid in her mind. Who knows if she was innocent or not? She sure as hell didn't. Arwyn's eyes slowly fluttered open, a sudden surge of pain shot through her head. Completely forgetting the downside to drinking too much was the horrendous hangover the next morning. Coming to her senses after a night of rest, the warmth of another body beside her evident by the arm that was loosely hanging over her side. 

The most foulest look she could muster overcame her features as she pushed the arm off of her and shot up out of bed. How did she not remember this? She remembered everything but this. This wasn't in her memories at all. Why was that beautiful man in her bed? With her? 

He must have felt her staring daggers into him because his eyes groggily opened to peer up at her, that same devilish smirk appearing across his handsome features. "Good morning." 

Absolutely astonished by his calmness, Arwyn threw her arms up in the air in frustration. "Why are you in my bed?" The words came out in a hurry as she watched him slowly sit up. 

His eyes brightened with absolute amusement as he gazed at the female before it disappeared and was replaced with a mischievous look. "Isn't it obvious?" The man asked, stretching nonchalantly as he moved to the edge of the bed. He was still completely dressed, except for his shirt. That... That was missing. Arwyn's eyes looked over his body. He had a few scars over his chest, shoulders, down his abs. The dark tattoos on the left side of his body prominent. All the way down his side and over most of his chest and shoulder. It was a beautiful design. Almost ritualistic like. She wondered if he had any other tattoos. On his back. Or somewhere else. "We slept together." She opened and closed her mouth to answer him, stunned by his glorious body and the words he had just spoken. 

"Like..." Arwyn shook her head. "No, I wouldn't just..." She was embarrassed, ashamed. Her eyes frantically looking around the room for clues. Then it dawned on her. She was still completely dressed. And so was he, besides the shirt.

A low chuckle left him, Marcellus was indeed enjoying the look of panic on her face. "I asked if I could stay the night. And you... In your drunken state, allowed me to sleep in your bed. Nothing else happened." 

It was like a weight just lifted off of her shoulders as she breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness." Arwyn breathed out, closing her eyes for a moment before they returned to look at him. A sour look had taken over Marcellus' features. A look she hadn't seen on him yet. The whole time they had been together, he always had a charming grin and mischievous eyes. But this... This look was kind of frightening. 

"I didn't think I was that undesirable." He spoke out as if he was slightly offended, slipping back into his shirt and fastening a few buttons up. Arwyn shook her head quickly. 

"That was... I didn't mean it like that." She told him, avoiding his eyes. Her cheeks flushing a bright red, covering the tips of her ears as well. Suddenly everything felt so hot.  A laugh could be heard coming from the man as he stood up from the bed. 

"I'm only messing with you." Marcellus said, giving her a wink. "I know if given the opportunity, you wouldn't turn this away." He told her truthfully. She wanted to protest, she really did. But she didn't know. The man radiated confidence. And that in itself was attractive. Along with his handsome face and perfect physique. 

"I would turn you down. If... If you were to offer." Arwyn may have stuttered a little, but the message was clear. Marcellus just arched his brow and gave her a smirk. 

"We'll see, won't we?" He laughed softly, fixing himself up properly before heading for the door. "Let's go grab a bite to eat and then, we'll get started on our little adventure."