Aftermath Part One

"I said that Geass was the power of the king which would condemn you to a life of solitude. I think maybe that's not quite correct in your case. Right, Lelouch?"

The addressed male chuckled lightly. An amused and bland look settled on his face as he continues reading. "Probably. Did Jeremiah and Anya get away alright?"

C.C. - the dubbed 'immortal witch' - turned to the figure now dressed in common wear, a pure contrast from his Emperor outfit. He sat there by the bed, shoulder lifted from the burden he had experienced for the past year. "So it seems. Sayoko will join them soon. Plans?"

The proclaimed dead Emperor hummed, contacted purple eyes trained on the television. "It's quite a miracle you got Charles's code. Perhaps I could make a contract with Suzaku to give him his geass and pass my code to him." Lelouch laughed at the immortal's musing.

They weren't sure Lelouch would be resurrected after 'Zero' stabbed him. They made sure that Jeremiah snatched his body before they flee away from the mobs of raging people. They hid in one of the abandoned apartments in the ghettos while they finalize the few things they need to do before they travel away from Japan.

"Suzaku already has his geass, you just need for it to evolve, and remember what the collective consciousness said? He'll have his code then," Lelouch commented, remembering how Suzaku's skin regenerated along. Lelouch sighed, standing up from his seat. "Hmph. I'm joining Jerry, Anya, and Sayoko then. Await for your lovely boy to return." C.C stood up from her seat.

Lelouch just waves her away, slightly thankful that his geass is still intact even though he's still immortal. Since it's not C.C.'s code, their contract remains even if Suzaku took her code or has his geass evolve.

"The last day of mourning for all the lost people of the war. Today, Empress Nunnally was accompanied by Prince Schneizel, Princess Cornelia, and Euphemia as they visited the graves of her three family members; Prince Clovis, Emperor Charles, and the Demon Emperor."

The black-haired immortal felt his heart pound in guilt. It made him smile bitterly since his only blood sister hate him - which he couldn't fault her for. He turned off the television, stretching his body when three repeated knocks and two pause knocks came.

"Come in."

The door for the incomer to enter. It made the ex-emperor smile once he see those forest green eyes.

"Tadaima, Lelouch." 'Zero' greeted, face showing happiness and it made the said man melt at the normalcy. "Okaeri, Suzaku." He replied, softness edging in his tone.

Both exchanged a soft smile while the supposed dead emperor helped shed the uncomfortable outfit down. "C.C. already went to Jeremiah?" The Japanese asked, taking off the upper layer. Lelouch replied with a hum. "Yeah. Two hours ago."

"When are you joining them?"

"Tomorrow. When are you going to the homeland?"

"The next day. We're working on letting go of Japan and the other areas here."

"Alright, I'll see you back at home?"

Home. It made Suzaku pause, smiling at the thought. The home was in each other's arms. "Yes, Lelouch."

"Promise to be careful, Suzaku." The elder male locked his eyes with those forest green eyes. The knight of the two placed his hand on the ex-emperor's face, cupping those pale skin.

"I promise, my prince."

The Next Day...

Suzaku donned the passed-on symbol, pausing as he looked at the mask. He sighed, holding it tight in his hand and going back to the room where his emperor was laying down, still asleep and naked. It made him grin a bit, blushing as he remembered the night before.