fish tank · 01

"come on luca, i think they're gone now" yawned a scaled purple sea monster. their clawed hand gripping onto the rock to pull themself out of the hole they hid in.

another one but this time green followed after them except they had an easier way out as they were more smaller. both stretching out their limbs and attempting to fully wake up one of them complained, "alberto, why do we sleep in the day again?" luca scratched at his shoulder seeing as a few green scales fell off. it's getting worse.

alberto kicked his webbed feet around, paddling himself around the cold waters. "because luca, if land monsters see us there will only be more of them" he then stopped paddling and swam in front of luca. seeing as his reaction wasn't all he expected.

"well what if they could help us?" luca continued scratching seeing as more of his green scales chipped off.

alberto shook his head. "luca, these are the same ones that put us in here, what makes you think that they will help us?"

luca looked down at the sand with fake seaweed planted beneath him.

"stop scratching, you'll lose all your scales if it continues" alberto sighed as he hugged his smaller friend. "i know you're stressed, i am too. i'll find a way to get out of here i promise"

"we will find a way to get out of here" luca remarked. his arms finding their way around the purple sea monsters torso.

here they were, stuck inside of a giant tank of water surrounded by land monsters. captured and sent into an aquarium for further investigation of other people. it had been a full two weeks since they have been brought to the aquarium.

luca and alberto were from the shores of italy caught by sea captains that were originally looking for bigger fish. luckily enough they captured them both. neither have met each other until they were thrown into a tank together.

it was hard to get along as they both had trouble trying to process what happened. through enough time they managed.

"hey, can you fit in here?" asked the purple sea monster. luca looked over to see alberto ripping open what looked like a small rectangular hole. swimming over, a small current pulled him towards the hole.

luca pushed himself into the hole seeing as his bottom part fit but his upper body seemed to get stop him from going further.

alberto growled at himself. "of course it's too small" he murmered. luca grabbed albertos hand who pulled him out of the hole with ease.

luca shyly swam back down to albertos level to see his furrowed brows. "are you mad at me alberto?"

said purple monster shook his head quickly "no! im mad at that vent!"

"vent?"

"ah yeah, i forgot you haven't been in a tank before. you see its this little hole that carries out the old water we swim in and that thing up there," alberto pointed at the top of the glass tank explaining, "its what brings in the new water so the water we are in now doesn't get dirty"

luca then swam up to the top of the tank to see a bigger box that had a water current pushing him back. "so this carries in the new water?" he asked seeing as alberto nodded.

"maybe we can go through this one then, i mean it's big enough for me to go through" luca explained.

"you're right but theres a filter we have to get past and that involves me and i can't fit through there" alberto scratched at his head seeing as some of his own scales chipped off.