when i was a little girl...

when i was a little girl... we laughed, we talked, we did fun things together. we went shopping, you'd take me to the park, we'd eat ice creams and dance around together. just enjoy each other's company.

i knew if i was upset i could come to you and you'd give me a big hug and your perfume would smell comforting and you'd manage to reassure me in your soft comforting voice. your hugs were like no other - all my problems would disappear.

i looked forward to you picking me up after dance, you'd take me to that little newsagents on the corner and buy me a milky bar. we'd share it and sing to the radio on the way home.

i could tell you anything. anything at all. and you wouldn't make me feel bad about it. even the silliest of things. i had someone i could always talk to who would be there to listen.

clothes shopping - one of our fav things to do. you'd take me into a shop and let me have any clothes that i wanted. you'd say how i wasn't spoilt you just wanted to treat me because of how much you loved me. i'd dress up in silly clothes and high heels and do a fashion show while you smiled and took pictures.

board games and jigsaws at christmas, another one of our fav things to do. we'd sit around a jigsaw with back ache, just enjoying spending time together.

until that all changed.