Percy

Edited

The more and more I thought (strange I know) the more I wondered what was going to happen next. Normally, we wouldn't spend this long waiting to recruit a demigod, or, even, to kill a monster. I twiddled my fingers until even that wasn't enough. I grimaced and pulled out my pen, tossing it from one hand to another, twirling around through my fingers. Annabeth looked over at me with an amused smile, laughter twinkling in her grey eyes. I pulled out a different pen, a normal pen, and a notecard.

'wise girl, remember those teens from earlier?'

The perks of sitting next to Annabeth, and being a known couple is, when passing notes, I could pass it off as squeezing her hand under the table. She shook her head, laughter shaking her shoulders as she took the slip of cut out card-stock. Then, I felt her hand enclosing mine, the cool material poking my palm. I took it gently out of her enclosed fist and unfolded it.

'yeah, a little too much like monsters, am I right?'

I looked over to her and nodded, a simple 'yes', a sign of agreement. I turned my head farther to face her and parted my lips.

'talk later.' A simple string of words, silent, but they held meaning beyond understanding. It was her turn to nod. I flashed my signature smile and she smiled back grabbing my hand, no note, just a simple gesture under the table.

We stayed like that the rest of the period.