Two

"Aye, Jordan!" My coach greets me with enthusiasm through the phone. "I've got you a gig tonight. Five grand if you win."

"Five grand?" I exasperate, my toothbrush pausing in my mouth.

He continues. "Two against one, if you're up for it. It's those two dudes that kind of look like Danny Devito but on crack . . . so they look extra fucked up. You can take em' though."

Shaking my head, I ball the foam in my mouth and spit it into the sink, rinsing my toothbrush off. I wipe my mouth with the back of my forearm and walk out of the bathroom, tucking my phone between my ear and shoulder. "Yeah, yeah. I'll be there. What time?"

"Ten o'clock. There's a new bouncer so just kick him in the nuts if ya' need to. He needs some breaking in." His comment doesn't catch me off guard. It's Tanner.

" 'Ight, bet." Grinning, I hang up and toss my phone on my bed, peeling my shirt off with one hand.

My long black hair flays against my back, cooling down the warm skin, and I shiver, goosebumps rising to my skin as I glance around for something to wear. Basically, I am walking around in just a pair of fucking underwear because—who doesn't?

Today I decided to wear a white, short sleeved shirt from when I visited Tybee Island, Georgia, a neutral brown flannel over top, some mesh leggings with cuffed shorts, my black combat boots, and some accessories—a couple of silver rings and my usual bracelets.

Sighing, I walk into the decent sized kitchen and open the fridge, tapping my fingers along the handle, my rings clinging annoyingly. Eventually, I choose to eat a bagel and grab the bagel bag and cream cheese from the fridge before slamming it shut.

Although I have a fit body, I eat like fucking shit so for me to eat a bagel . . . I guess I am shocked that I am eating semi healthy, right?

Popping the bagel into the toaster, I grab an ice cold water from the middle compartment in the fridge and let it slide shut with a loud bang. I tilt my head back and chug, ignoring the droplets of water that cascade over the edges of my mouth and drop onto my neck.

"Jesus," I murmur, wiping my mouth with the bath of my hand and tossing the bottle into the trash can.

Rolling my shoulders, I grab my bag and head out of the front door. My car waits just down the steps and I relish in the chime it makes as I unlock it. I slide in and start off to school.

So, you may be confused. Here is some information about my situation: I live alone and yes, I am eighteen so technically it is legal but it wasn't before. My landlord was bribed by my last name (which I choose to not go by anymore) and has allowed me since the ripe age of sixteen to live in this complex. I was indeed kicked out at sixteen and have been living on my own ever since. The only way I have been able to make money is street fighting because of my personal issues which were the main reason for me being kicked out.