I Just Wanted To Be A Singer (A One Direction Fanfic)

Please vote and comment! I'm trying something new with this fanfic and I would love comments back on how it is! And votes too please!

~~~~~~

It was time. It was finally the day where I leave my little home in Nashville to go to North Carolina. I was going to audition for The X Factor. I had wanted to do this ever since I first saw the show. There have been so many popstars that have become very famous off of shows like The X Factor, and now my family has finally saved up enough money to go.

"Reagan!" My mom yelled from downstairs, pulling me out of my daydream, "let's go, we've got a long drive ahead of us!"

"Be down in a few!" I called back to her putting my last shirt into my suitcase.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. The curls in my hair touseled in front of me, framing my face. The light from the lamp by my mirror bounced off my eyes, causing my blue eyes to glow. "This is it," I said to myself, "you may actually make it to the big league. Just breathe, Reagan, you can do this." I took in a deep breath and let it out slowly.

In a few short hours I would be in North Carolina, checking into a hotel. This is actually happening!

* * 5 hours later * *

The music playing in my ears from my iPod was blaring. "I belong with you, you belong with me; you're my sweetheaarrt." The lyrics danced around in my head.

"Are we there yet?" Dustin, my little brother, asked Mom for the millionth time.

"Thirty minutes." He groaned at Mom's response. I rolled my eyes at him and went back to my music.

In thirty minutes we would be checking into a hotel, and tomorrow morning would bring a six a.m shower and another hour long car ride to the auditions. Ahh, this is so exciting! I'm finally going to be living my dream!

My thoughts trailed off for a while, for before I knew it my mom was looking back at with a wide-eyed expression and a smile saying "we're here!"

"FINALLY!" Dustin groaned and jumped out of the car, "I don't think I could take being in that car with you people any longer!"

"Love you too, Dus," I replied to him sarcastically taking my earphones out.

"Well it's true," he rudely replied.

"Okay, kids, hush. Your mom and I are going to check in. You two help with the bags," Dad ordered us while him and Mom walked into the Grand Marshall Hotel.

Dustin pulled out his luggage while I did the same with mine. The car squeaked a bit as the heaviness of the bags lifted out of the trunk. Our car is so old.

"So do you know what song you're going to do for X Factor?" Dustin asked while flipping his hair out of his face.

"I think so."

"Can I have a preview of it?"

"Uh-uh-uh," I cooed at him and shook my finger at him like a school teacher while smiling, "you're gonna have to wait until tomorrow to hear it."

He sighed, knowing the fact that he was going to have to wait. He's very impatient if you couldn't already tell.

We put our luggage on cart -like the ones that Zack and Cody from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody used to ride on all the time- , pushed it inside, and headed for the elevator.

"Do you have the room key?" Dustin asked me hoping I hadn't forgotten.

I was pulling it out as he spoke, once I had it out I lifted it up to him, "got it right here."