𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 2

-Turns out, the job was a lot less exciting then M/n thought it would be. Always staying in the shadows was not fun. Not even able to set one foot out of line, or else he would
be caught.

First day spying on the Slayers was ok, since he didn't know what to expect. But it didn't make it anymore exciting, he was just seeing what they do all day.

'They get to have fun in the sun, while we try not to burn and die. But the night isn't better since they're hunting for us. We can't ever live in peace huh.' M/n thought to himself as he hid behind a tree.

He wandered back into the shadows, he thoughts running wild. There really are no useful information right now, so he guessed he should stay for a couple more days and see.

"I have a feeling that this is gonna be completely pointless, but we'll see how this goes."

——————————————

Tanjiro and Zenitsu were training at the Butterfly estate, after a while they sat down to take a break.

But that was when Tanjiro brought something up, it has been on his mind for a while.

"Hey, Zenitsu. Have you ever had a feeling that something's watching you? I've also picked up a new scent around the area. It's kind of weird don't you think?" Tanjiro said.

"EH?! Do you think that there's a demon around here somewhere?!" Zenitsu yelled.

"Calm down! I wasn't saying that. I'm saying that there's a new scent, and it doesn't smell human. It could be a animal or something." Tanjiro explained, calming down his friend.

"Now that you said it, I have heard new blood flow. But there was no heartbeat...could there really be a demon here?!?!!" Zenitsu yelled once again, going into panic mode.

"Zenitsu! Calm down!"

While the two boys were doing that, and didn't feel the presence of the suspected demon watching them from a shadow.

'So they have realized, I guess have to take more caution.' M/n thought.

-time skip-

The night was quiet, everyone was asleep. And that was the time, M/n decided to sneak into the Butterfly estate and see if they have anything useful.

M/n's footsteps were silent, and since his speed was so fast. No one even realized anything.

He wandered around the halls of the estate, and he got somewhat lost. The estate was quite big, but he ended following the smell of poison. The poison was mixed with a scent of flesh.

When he arrived in front of the room, he was confused. He cracked the door open to see, but he just saw a short girl. Around 5'0 at most, not that he was very tall himself.

The girl was doing paperwork at her desk, a moment later she went to change and go to bed.

One thing he noticed, the butterfly clip that she wore. M/n remembers the Douma told him about the Flower Hashira that he killed, also wore butterfly clips. So was this girl related to the flower Hashira somehow.

He snuck into the room, crawling on the floor. Making no noise. He went around checking the room for any sign of the blue spider lily, but found nothing obviously.

"Ughh..." M/n whipped his head back around, but the girl was still sleeping.

He then opened the window and walked outside, his stomach the growled.

"Really now? Welp I guess let's go eat someone." He then jumped from tree to tree to find any lingering Demon Slayers at night.

He actually found two lingering Demon Slayers, and by the look they were lower ranked. "No one will care if they're gone anyways."

He jumped down from the tree, and pounced on his prey. The two humans had no time to react what was going on.

⚠️⚠️Graphic Warning ⚠️⚠️

He first broke their arms, and twisting it off of their bodies. Oh how he enjoyed the look of agony on their faces.

He ripped of the sleeve clothing that was on arms, he then bit through the flesh and bones. Consuming it all.

M/n then used his claws or just long nail to gouge out of one of their eyeballs each. Eat them both at once.

Once of them attempted to crawling away, M/n took notice and just broke their legs. And ripped them off.

He then bit into they're neck, digging through all the flesh that tasted oh so sweet. Drinking the blood that was like juice.

Then ripping the flesh off and consuming it, while some blood still bled out from the neck.

The other slayer only stared at his dead comrade in horror and frozen in place, M/n then turned his attention to him.

"Oh I'm sorry you have to see that, here let me fix that for you~" M/n used his claws again and gouged out his other eye.

"Now isn't that nice! You don't have to see anything of this cruel world ever again! You should thank me!" M/n then bit into their neck also and killed them.

"I'm addicted to the feeling, and I don't ever want this fucking feeling to end. Just concede and give in to your inner demons again~"

He walked away with a full stomach, filling satisfied.
——————————————————

The next day, Kakushi's were walking around doing their work around.

One of them that worked at the butterfly estate was doing work outside, and spotted the two bodies from the night before. They ran back to inform the Insect Hashira.

"Kocho-Sama! Kocho-Sama!" They yelled.

"Ara~ What's wrong? Calm down then speak slowly." Shinobu said.

"Two bodies..were found outside not far from the estate. I was wondering can you go investigate it?" Kakushi asked I fear of the Hashira.

"Hm. Sure. I am a Hashira after all, it is my job." Shinobu then disappeared like a glitch.

Arriving at the scene fast, and looked at corpses. "The demon that did this, killed in such brutal way. I need to inform Oyakata-Sama so that everyone can be aware."

——————-———

Soon the incident has been rumored and heard by everyone in crops, sure Demon Slayers dying on missions were common and normal.

But ones being killed on Headquarters grounds, as well as being close to an estate.

But the demon himself, was not staying another second around them.

—————————————————
-Infinity Fortress-

M/n decided to go back to the fortress Cause it was way to boring, also because he was missing Kokushibo.

"Koku~ I'm back~" I said in a sweet voice throughout the fortress.

"Mn."

"Come on! Say something ,didn't you miss me? Cause I sure did!"

"I...did...miss..you." Kokushibo said quietly.

M/n then hugged Kokushibo before going away. Kokushibo misses the warmth he gave off.