six

Way Back Home

---

After your long brunch you got your head on straight for the interview with a high school. You thought it went well but you were a little sceptical. They said it would take a while to get back to you, it has been 4 days and you were starting to get a little antsy.

Deep down you knew you knew that you were starting to get on Alex's nerves. Constantly rambling and checking your phone every 3 seconds. It was shocking that she hadn't kicked you out of her house yet.

Even though she constantly told you that it wasn't bothering her, you thought it would be best to go back to your house.

The next morning you realized that you had left your computer at her house. You could picture exactly where it was on the nightstand. Figuring that there wasn't much else to do you want to go pick it up. Alex laughed when you told her you had left it and was awaiting for you to pick it up.

Driving to her house felt almost routine. You could drive there with your eyes closed if it came down to it.

Parking in the spot you normally do, you walked up to her door. You didn't get the chance to knock before she opened the door.

"You always end up leaving something here don't you." She said then pressed a kiss to your lips.

"Gives me a reason to come back." Walking in you headed straight for her room like you've lived here forever. When you opened the door more you saw some clothes spread out on her bed. "You running away." You pointed to the clothes.

"No, not yet." She joked as you walked over to the nightstand and grabbed your computer. "I actually wanted to run something by you." When you turned to face her she looked almost scared. Eyes to the floor, hands together.

"Ok." You side eyed her the whole time as you sat on her side of the bed trying to think of what she was scared about.

"I'm going to Missouri for a few days per my dads request." She stopped and over her mouth. So far there was yet to be something that made you worried. "He wants me to bring the girl I've been talking about for the past 2 years."

You could feel your facial expression drop. It had never occurred to you that at some point you would need to meet her father. The only other relationship you had been in was when you were 16. You had a boyfriend named Tommy, soon after the two of you broke up you realized that girls made you feel a certain way. Even then you only heard him talk about his parents.

But now, now this is something different. It never even crossed my mind that she was even talking to her dad about you. She had mentioned telling her brother and it never bothered you. But her dad.

She had only vaguely said how her dad reacted when she came out. She never felt the need to do it because it was later in her life. Her dad was kind of iffy about it at first but soon enough warmed up to her.

Her brother couldn't have cared less about who she was with. But he always made it clear he wasn't the biggest fan of James.

She would go on endless rants about her mom and how she knew that she would be more than expecting to the both of you. She would explain that her mom would kick her out just to make room for you. Of course you've only seen pictures of her mother since she passed so long ago. But the way Alex described her made it feel like you did meet.

"Y/N." Alex waved a hand in front of your face to bring you back to earth.

"Sorry."

"It's ok if you don't want to come, my dad just wants to see me before I start in the FBI. He mentioned bringing you before we hung up so it won't be a big deal." The thought of meeting her family was nerve-racking to say the least. But the look she gave when she said it was ok to stay back made your heart sink.

"Of course, I want to come. I was just shocked." You reached across the bed to grab her hand and reassure her of your decision. "Besides, being surrounded by detectives should be fun."

Even though her dad was a retired detective he never lost his skills. Her brother Scott followed in their dad's footsteps and works at his old precinct.

"So he knows who I am?" You asked after taking a moment of silence. Alex simply nodded. "I mean who I am, like my name, my full name."

"Yes he does."

"And you're brother?" Furrowing your eyebrows you wait for her to answer.

"He was also given the same information." She was annoyingly calm.

"And they still want to meet me." There was a part of you that didn't believe a word she was saying. Even though you knew this wasn't something she would lie about.

"Stop doing that, they know your name and who you are and yes they still want to meet you. Who wouldn't?" You started to speak but she cut you off. "Don't answer that." She held out her hand for you to stop and sat on the other side of the bed.

"We're going to have a great trip." She started again. "My brothers an ass - mostly to me but then again I haven't seen him in a while."

"Good to know." You laughed and took her hand in yours again.

As she kept talking and the longer you sank in it became more real. You were going to meet her father and her brother. You were nervous as hell but you knew that she wouldn't let anything bad happen.

I'm meeting her dad.

---

A/N: sorry this took forever to upload but it'll get better