We'll Get You Home |

SIERRA'S POV |

"Hello, Miss Sierra! It's an honor to have you here." one of the staff exclaimed, extending an arm while smiling.

"The pleasure is all mine, really. And please, just Sierra. And you are?" I replied, accepting the handshake while looking around the dressing room.

"I'm Tina. Oh, aren't you just lovely." I feel blood rushed to my cheeks, I'll never get used to the compliments I'm receiving from all these people. "Before I forgot, Miss Bethany left these for you." She gestured on a the coffee table behind me.

And there on top of it is tiny teddy bear with a pin on his shirt, 'Sorry' it says on the pin. And a bouquet of flowers with a note to it; I picked up the note and it says, 'Congrats on the great performance! Sending this early because I'm 101% sure you'll do great, as always. Love you, S! -B xx'. I chuckled as I read it. I almost forgot Tina's with me so I just smiled at her.

"Well, just relax in here for a bit. Just call anyone on the other room if you need anything," she said, pointing to the door labeled 'STAFF'. "And we'll have you on stage in about half an hour." she finished.

"Okay, thank you, Tina. Have a great night." I said, and she just smiled and left the room.

I picked up my guitar from the sofa. "Well, better do a bit of practice before I go onstage." I mutter to myself with a smile on my face.

HARRY'S POV

"Tina! I've missed my favorite here." I said, as I hugged Tina. I haven't seen her in so long. It's been 4 years since I attended the British New Acts. We've become close because I almost passed out in one of my show in the earlier days and she was there to comfort me until I step on stage and actually performed.

"Oh, still so charming, eh? How have you been, Harry?" she said, once we pulled back.

"I've been really busy. As usual." I chuckled. "You know, it's all work and nothing else."

"As long as you don't pass out on every show you do." She smiled. "Anyway, let me lead you to your seat?" I just nodded.

As we were walking, she started talking to Gerry, my manager, about the next album and tour and all that stuff. I just looked around to see if there were old friends to say hi to. It's part of a job, as well. Producers, publicists and artists everywhere. The idea seems so stupid to me before but I understand now. The music industry is more complicated than we all thought.

I was about to reach my seat when I saw someone who looks so familiar. And after a few seconds, I realized he is one of my classmates. I excused myself from Tina and Gerry and went straight to him.

"Hey, Ian?" I said, it came out sounding like a question as I was unsure if he remembers me.

"Harry! Hey, man, how are you?" he replied, reaching out and clapping my back.

I smiled, it's really so good to see someone from the school. It seems like a life time ago since the concert. It seems like a life time ago since I saw her.

Harry, focus! No time to feel sorry for yourself now. Focus on the present.

"I'm good, busy but good. You? Are you gonna perform tonight?" I asked because it's the first time I've seen him in here.

He just gave me a smirk and said, "Nah, man, I'm actually the manager of one performer, she's gonna be the opening. Great singer, that girl. Everyone's gonna love her. We're just looking for the next move for her for publicity and promotion. We're planning to release an EP soon."

"Well, I'll be sure to tell my agent and publicist to keep an eye out tonight." I said.

"Thank you so much, Harry. That's amazing. She won't let you down." He winked at me.