CHAPTER 4: MADNESS

Lyssa's thoughts raced through her mind a million miles per hour. They eventually settled on one thing.

"You killed me." Lyssa said, eyes wide with realization.

"And now you are reborn as Malkavian." Selene said, getting up from the bed. "Come now, we must find you someone to eat."

"Someone to eat?" Lyssa backed up as far as she could, until she hit the headboard of her bed. "I'm not eating anyone."

"You will be fine, Lyssa. Everyone is a bit hesitant their first time; Everyone except Kai."

Lyssa's door suddenly flew open, Erika and Liam rushed inside.

"Mother! Don't you think you've traumatized her enough?" Liam said angrily, "Besides the rules are that no one can help her through the first day. Father made those rules; Do you really want to go against them."

Selene's blue eyes met Liam's, holding them in a stare until it was clear that she wasn't going to win the argument. "Fine." She left in a blur.

"You alright?" Liam said slowly walking over to his sister, he didn't want to scare her. That was the last thing he would ever want to do.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Lyssa took a deep breath. "Thank you."

Erika passed by Liam and sat next to Lyssa on the bed. "Mom can go overboard sometimes."

Lyssa felt weak and so thirsty. "Erika, what's happening to me?"

"You're changing and you need blood to survive now." Liam answered before Erika opened her mouth. "The rules are: You have to survive the whole day by yourself. You have to find your own-" Liam hesitated for a moment, a look of loathing crossing his face. "-food, for lack of a better word."

"How am I supposed to do that? It's-" Lyssa looked at her small digital clock on her nightstand,"- 2pm, doesn't the sunlight burn or something like that? And how do you go out in the day?"

Erika grinned, "Look at you, already knowing what can hurt us."

"I did some research a while back...I watched a lot of movies." Lyssa said

"To answer your question, we wear these"

Erika said holding up her hand. A silver ring with a blue stone set in the middle, was on her finger. 

Erika raised an expectant eyebrow at Liam, he sighed and also held his hand up

Erika raised an expectant eyebrow at Liam, he sighed and also held his hand up. His ring was thicker than Erika's and was silver. A black band with silver designs wrapped around the middle. In the center was the same blue stone.

 In the center was the same blue stone