normal is the new weird

Lesson 6: swim in gold and then drown in the ashes

"So...what are your powers?" Sykkuno asked sitting down in the same back alley plaza "I can cause auditory and visual illusions" The green haired man introduced as Jack said "what?" Corpse said not understanding most words Jack had just spoken "I can make you hear and see shit" he said again putting what he had already said in a more blunt way "oh-" the raveonette just said with an upwards tilt of the head "well hi! I'm Rae... I'm a puppeteer" A cheerful and happy dark haired brunette said introducing herself in the most welcoming way she could think of.

Then yet another raveonette joined the mass introduction, if you where to describe the vibe of the situation it would be the 'you need to introduce yourself at the beginning of a new school year' vibe, wich all know is a vibe you should avoid at all costs as it is very hard to escape, psychologists even state that it is the human need to fit in that force you to introduce yourself in that situation as evryone else is doing it, but neither Sykkuno nor Corpse nor Jack knew about the psychological phenomenon they were going through they just found this extremely akward, the unknown stranger swung a baseball bat over his shoulders wich was named in big black letters 'cure wand' "hello, uhm I'm a healer and the name's toast" he spoke softly swinging the bat slowely over his shoulders to not hurt anyone " why the bat?" Corpse asked pointing a black dusted finger at the wooden weapon resting ontop of Toast's shoulders "well people have to be in a certain amount of physical pain for me to heal them so-" he explained putting the bat down and leaning on it as it was an arm rest "there's way more but their either asleep or busy" Jack said looking at the apartments surrounding the plaza "oh you guys live here?" Rae just laughed softly "Live here? Sykkuno we basically own this place" she said looking at the apartments, stores and the few restaurants decorating the back alley plaza "ow so like a small scale maffia?" Rae nodded "exactly, except ofcourse we don't have a hierarchy were one makes all the profit, we just listen to the one who talks the most sence at the moment" Rae took a couple breaths before stopping and then narrowing her eyes, a question surfaced her mind something she felt stupid for because it was all to basic to ask "how- how did you guys even end up here?" Sykkuno went silent looking at Corpse to maybe find an answer behind his only visible burgundy red eye, "uh-" Sykkuno said every explanation was so unlogical and unlikely to happen it was just best to keep his mouth shut and no start telling fairytales, "dude we're criminals we know you guys are not holy saints" Jack said trying to get the truth out of both men "well it's... to put it as short as possible we escaped an illegal power facility and now we're here".

Everyone's jaws seemed to drop to the floor, not only was Sykkuno's story highly unlikely to happen, but it was true it was told in a geniune tone with not all to much extra information, Sykkuno was infact telling the truth. "Oh shit-" toast said trying to fill the ongoing silence that was always lingering, threatening the conversation from dying, "oh well... it was bad the first few months but after that-" Sykkuno just said shrugging softly "you have an understanding of time?" Sykkuno looked at Corpse both confused and worried "like- I can make a guess on how long but like don't ask me how old I was when I was put in there cause I don't remember" Then Sykkuno's worry faltered it was unlikely but it seemed totally possible years in a white room with your only social contacts being people coming to stick needles under your skin isn't very good for the mental state of mind, although he had to admit it did something to his confidence, maybeit was the instinct of survival but if you where to tell 16 year old Sykkuno he would be robbing stores and having a casual chat with criminals he would turn around and deny everything said to him about it, but now it became normal even enjoyable like a trip to the amusement park, the exact same thrill and euphoria just times one thousand, the only difference is robbing a store doesn't cost 30$ per person.

"Hey do you guys maybe have a place I can change?" Sykkuno said picking the pile of clothes out of the cart standing dormant in the alley "oh yea! Just walk up that fire escape to the third floor pick out an apartment the key's on the door" Rea said pointing a finger towards a metal fleet of stairs snaking up a tall building "you own all that?" Corpse asked looking at the building "it's more communal owning, if we can afford an apartment we buy it of one another and if we can't we get it gifted" she explained the best she could, yes this wasn't very profitable as most of the apartments were given away for free but she didn't care, she could get her friends of the street and that's what she cared about, she had the money to live in a nice house on a nice road to never work a aingle day in her life but still live in a pleasant way, but that wouldn't make her happy, she'd rather live a life of crime with her friends as a boring woman in her mid twenties and already mid midlife crisis.

Yeah no that wasn't a life meant for Rae and by the way comitting crime was fun to her, so why not do it? And if she got caught? Easy her friends would be able to bail her out of prison in a matter of days, and she knew that not only because she trusted them but because it has happened before

{Okay this is a geniune question, What do you guys think I look like? And I allow you to get oddly specific}