I've cried so much in the last week or so that all I can do right now is scream.

a/n: long chapter title. whoop. i think i'mbecommingobessed with my own story and that's weird. i might cry writing this. you might cry reading it. might. OMFG noah. noah. oh. my. god. NOT GOING TO SAY ANYTHING CAUSE SPOILERS but my mom nearly got sick and had to turn the telly off. 

yeah.

IT'S MY DOGGIES BIRTHDAY TOMORROW OMG he's gonnah be nine. his name is sandy. he's a golden labrador. he is my life. (yikes 2019 update he died last christmas, rip my best dude)

enjoy ;)

#~#~#~#

ATHENA'S P.O.V

My feet beat on the dry tarmac beneath them as I sprinted down the street. I didn't care for the people I was passing, or the strange looks I was getting, or the random person or two who would yell at me to slow down. 

I wasn't listening.

I was listening to the little men on either side of my shoulder.

They were bickering away, debating what my mom could possibly do. They were arguing over what I should do. It was my brain, either side, one wanting to just run and let things go as they would, the other wanting to interfere and find my mother.

I chose the latter.

The memory of my childhood home was vague, and I was very unsure of where I was going. But I could see the housing estate, I could see it. I just needed to get there. So I ran, and I ran and I ran until I stopped for breath clutching my sides leaning on the stop sign next to the road.

There's a sudden loud screech from the middle of the road.

"ATHENA?" I hear the voice of Merle Dixon yell. 

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Fuck. Shit.

Moments later the blue truck has swerved in front of me, and Merle is out. He wraps an arm around my waist supporting me as I pant.

"Thena, you said you were going to school." He whispers lowering me onto the ground next to him. I shake my head weakly. "No, Merle, don't sit."

He frowns. "What, Athena? What's going on? Why are you at this side of town? Why are you running?" He asks in a hurry.

I look up at him and the worry and concern in his eyes looks genuine, but I can't let myself fall again. I've let myself fall too many times.

"My mom. My mom. She was at a care centre, then she was at this guys house, and he was hitting her and she left and came home. Then Saturday night before you showed up, she had left. I went to the care centre and they said she had visited and said she had said she had to get revenge for something." 

Merle's eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"Why on earth are you following her then? Let her get her revenge!"

I shake my head at him and push him slightly away.

"Merle! You don't get it!" I sigh and drop my head watching my chest rise and fall. "She's going to my dad. She's going to get revenge on him for what he did to her for years. She's going to do what karma didn't."

Merle shifts from one foot to the other.

"And you want to stop her doing that why?"

I turn to him and feel the tears finally brimming my eyes. "Merle I think she's going totry and kill him." Merle's eyes widen and he pulls the door of the truck open instantly. "Get in!" He orders. I say nothing and jump in, he sprints to the other side and climbs in himself.