Chapter - 10

A month had passed from the unfortunate new moon night. Two days ago on another new moon, I went to stay over at Jiya's house so that we could provide moral support for each other.

The night went well. Jiya told me about how Tia has given up on her reckless thrill activities and is becoming responsible with each passing day. She's finally decided to be a doctor, and her family was very happy with her new matured personality. I knew Anika and Rahul's death would surely do a number on her.

The change is good though, unless she completely forgets to have fun. I don't want that aspect of her personality to ever change.

On the other hand, the incident had made Sonia and Ahem realize their extent of unconditional love for each other. They got engaged last week and would soon be getting married. Their families think they are quite young to marry at 20, but I can understand. Seeing what happened to their friends, they sure as hell don't wanna take any chances.

Following his sister's death, Ritvik was nearly broken. Alisha stuck with him for a long time, helping him get over the sorrow. Now, they are officially in a relationship.

Considering Ritvik's looks, Alisha's ex-boyfriend must be super jealous. Not that it matters to her at all. She finally found her Mr. Right.

Rahul's parents and siblings were too sad about the fact that they couldn't even perform his last rites as his body was nowhere to be found the next morning when police went to check. I know that by now, he must have become a zombie himself.

Sometimes I wonder if his sacrifice for his love was worth it? Because Anika died anyway and not to mention she had no true feelings of love towards Rahul. He was only a conquest for her.

Now talking about relationships, I am delighted to mention that Jiya got into one last week. It's not serious yet. They randomly bumped into each other at the temple stairs and their random meetings increased in frequency at different parts of the town resulting in them becoming a couple.

When he asked her out, we did a background check on him.

His words were true nonetheless. He moved into the town recently after he got a job with the local bank. He is an orphan and grew up in an orphanage in the nearby town which was authentic. After confirming everything, Jiya gave him a thumbs up.

Yesterday, our exam results came. Jiya passed with 88% marks. I secured 87% marks to my utter surprise.

Mom and dad invited his close friends and their families over for a celebratory dinner. Obviously Jiya's family were invited too. They celebrated our end of school years with good grades.

I helped mom prepare the dishes which included rice, dal fry, chilli Gobi, paneer tikka, tandoori roti and Human Jamun. All of them being Jiya and my favorite.

Non veg items were excluded considering Jiya and my new found aversion to meat. Whenever we would even look at them, the zombie gang would automatically cloud our vision encouraging us to throw up. I don't think I'll ever be able to eat non-veg food in this lifetime.

In contrary, Jiya is trying to surpass her aversion and I know she will. She's come a long way. Doesn't throw up everytime she sees non-veg, but can't eat yet.

I on the other hand am unable to even take the sight of it.

After a happy dinner, I went in search for Jiya. I saw her going to the balcony. There's something I wanted to tell her. Ask her actually.

From the past 2 weeks, since the last new moon to be exact, I've been having a strange feeling. Like someone's watching over me.

No, that sounds pretty protective type. Spying on me to be exact.