Chapter 2: Maka Wanted

A week later in the nurse....

Maka's eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the brightness in the room. She finds herself staring up at a white stone ceiling. The smell of morphine fills up her nose....with a mix of fresh flowers and...-

Wait morphine?

Maka thought. She looks around and then sits up.

But then instantly regrets it.

A thousand knives feel like they went right through her stomach, her eyes widen wide. The mortifying pain makes her fall back into a lying position. She stares at the ceiling wide eyed. "What....is this...pain....?" Her hand reaches up and touches her stomach where she was impaled.

She immediately winces and regrets touching it. And then memories suddenly flood back into her head. Her eyes widen more, she starts to shake like crazy. She could feel herself start to hyperventilate, tears form at the edge of her eyes and start to stream down her face while her eyes stare at the ceiling with them wide open.

Almost like a dead man.

"Maka!? MAKA!!!!"

That voice....why does it sound so familiar....and...so....so calming?

Maka then felt a hand grab hers, and felt them squeeze it tight. "Maka it's ok." Maka's shaking calms down slightly, but her hyperventilating doesn't get any better. "Maka, you're my meister. I promise I won't let anyone hurt you like that again. You're safe Maka. Now calm down..."

Maka's shaking slowly stops along with her hyperventilating. Her eyes soften and her hand tightens on Soul's. Soul.... she thought and closed her eyes, tears still streaming down her face. "Sheesh stop crying ok?" Soul gently wipes her tears off her face. "You're crying like a big baby, start being an adult for once." Soul sighs, as he looks down at Maka.

Maka opens her eyes and looks at Soul. He's smirking down at her, but she could easily see the worry in his eyes. When Maka doesn't respond to him he sighs and sits back in his chair.

Maka looks down at her hands, thinking about what happened. Soul looks at Maka worried, Maka clenches her hand into a fist.

".....Crona.....," she whispers so quietly Soul barely hear her. Soul leans towards her. "What?" Maka looks up at Soul. "Crona, is he Ok!?" Soul's face hardens. "....I don't give a damn about that guy anymore...," he mutters under his breath.

Maka's eyes widen slightly. "Wh-what?" Soul shakes his head. "He hurt my Meister that's all. I'm just pissed about how he could lose control like that. It's so unco-"

MAKA-CHOP!

Soul falls on the ground clutching his head, he looks up at Maka. "H-HEY WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?" He shouts angrily. Maka, who holds the book that she hit Soul with, glares at Soul. "Crona did not mean to hurt me idiot! He had no control!" Soul growls. "WELL YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO HIT ME! Where did that book come from anyway?" Soul shouts then grumbles.

Maka looks at Soul then at the ceiling, smiling slightly. "You wouldn't have listened otherwise." Soul glowers. "NOT TRUE!" Maka smirks. "Is too," "IS NOT!"

"Is too,"

"IS NOT!"

"Is too,"

"IS. NOT."

Maka laughs lightly then cringes. Soul's angry face immediately disappears. "Hey, take it easy Ok?" Maka looks at Soul and nods.

"Hey. Glad to see you're awake." Maka and Soul look up to see Kid standing beside the curtain. Maka smiles. "Hey Kid, where's Patty and Liz?" Kid looks at Maka then at Soul and then back at Maka. "We just came back from a job and Liz seemed pretty shaken up from it, so I let Liz and Patty take a little break while I go check on you."
Kid says, his eyes slowly glancing at the door.