Bitter Sweet End

Hello! As your about to read is my first story...so don't bash on it....at first this story was a school project...I started to let other people read it...now I'm posting it on wattpad for many other people to read. I don'tmind any criticism but only if it constructive criticism. So onward with the story!!

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Bitter Sweet End

No one believes in exorcisms anymore. But I still do. It was the day before Halloween. Everyone was talking about this house. This house had a murders made in it. What’s worse for me, is that the house is across from mine. I would always sense this horrible aura from the house that makes my skin crawl. Next thing I knew it was Halloween. Oh the dreaded day of Halloween. Lately, I’ve had been hearing on the news about people’s disappearances, and sometimes I’ve found myself looking towards the house when that topic would come up. I went outside of my house to be greeted by one of my friends, Josh.

“Hey Jake!!”

He ran to where I stood frozen on the sidewalk, scared.

“Jake, are you going to do Halloween today?”

“I thought about it, but I might not do it.”

“Aww, come on please? There will be free candy,” Josh said with a smirk on his face. He knew that I can’t resist free candy.

I sighed in exasperation, “Fine, I’ll go under one condition.” “

And what may the condition be,” Josh said with a triumphant look on his face.

“Just don’t dress up stupidly, please?”, I begged.

Josh smile left his face in seconds. “I don’t dress up stupidly....do I?”

“Well last year you went as Superman, the year before that you were a ghost. Shall i go on?”

Josh by then had an embarrassed look on his face.

“Come on lets go find Nicole, she is bound to be around the neighborhood.” As if on cue she appeared right next to Josh, surprising us both.

“What’s up?”

“Nothing much really”, we both replied at the same time.

“So are you both going to do Halloween?” she asked.

“Yeah...how about you,” I asked.

At that moment i noticed that Josh and Nicole were standing outside my house and so was I. “Why don’t you guys come in?” I offered. I closed the door after they came in. We went into the living room, all of us sat on the couch. Josh picked up the t.v. remote and started flipping through the channels.

“Hey, I just got a great idea. Do you want to explore the ‘House’?”

Between me and my friends,we’ve been calling the house across from mine, the ‘House’. Really creative, I know. Josh and Nicole turned and looked at me like I have gone crazy.

Nicole was the first one to speak, “Right now?!”

“No, of course not! I mean like after we go trick-or-treating, we can go explore the ‘House’.”

“But don’t we need our parents permission?” asked Josh, after coming to his senses.

“Well, you can ask your parents that your sleeping over at my house,” I replied.

“I guess we can do that but what about Nicole? She can’t sleep over because she is a girl.”

“Well, you got a point there.”, I answered “Hmm...well we can give it a shot if she can sleep over here.”