Untitled Part 1

"Calo!"

CALOOOOOOH.

CALOOOOOH.

Alooooooooh.

Loooooh.

Oooh.

Mindo's voice echoed once hitting the cavern's walls. "Quiet Mindo." Calo glared at him. 

"Why the fuss, Calo?" Mindo smirked at her.

"We snuck out and you're announcing our presence to the whole universe? Smart move, you nut." Calo snickered at him.

"No one will hear that. It'll get lost in the wind." Mindo rolled his eyes at her.

Calo stared at him, her eyes seeming to glow in the darkness. Only the moon was reflected in her eyes. "You never know, Mindo. You never know."

"Stop acting so grave and serious."

He stepped forward into the Crystal Cave. Glancing back, he held out his hand. "Let's go."

This time, it was Calo's turn to roll her eyes. "Are you my nanny?"

"Psh. Says the one that trips every time we sneak out here."

Calo blushed, flustered. "You're eliminating the chance for that to not happen." She retorted with a small, triumphant smile.

"We'll see..." Mindo walked forward, climbing over the big, craggy rock the stood in front of the entrance.

Calo, luckily, made it safely through as well. I saved myself from some teasing. She breathed an inward sigh of relief.

---

When Calo looked back, that was the first moment, the first flag that led to everything changing. Calo reminisced the memory. It was painted in a beautiful, nostalgic light. Everything that came after... was a different matter.

Calo turned around in her bed, allowing another memory to come flowing to her.

---

"We've come too far now." Mindo held firmly onto his sword, Kirashi, pushing it deeper into her stomach.

"You... don't...ha...ve. To. Do... this." Calo breathed out with much effort, tears streaming down her face.

Mindo laughed quietly. It sent chills down her spine. 

---

Calo tossed around, unable to fall asleep. Where did it go wrong? Tears fell slowly down her face again, as she ran her fingers along the scar along her stomach. 

She took out a small, round stone. It glowed with an eerie gold light, specked with white. She plopped it into her mouth. Time to absorb this, before he gets here.

Her long fight began. Sweat dripped down her forehead, back, and knees as she concentrated deeply. With the slamming of her bedroom door, she received the notification of a successful absorption.

"It's too late." But not too late. Calo smiled.

Mindo shouted. "No!"

And her world warped back to the past.