Travelogue

A Student Journey

G-LINER: From Cainta to Quiapo

Travel hours suck!

Waste of time! Horrible travel-mates!

With a lot of blah blah experiences to be mentioned. I like to write something that I regularly experience as a student. And that is my travel experience on the bus. The idea first came to my mind, and that was to share my travel time experience going here from Rizal to Manila. That appeared to be too long when you could imagine. Though, it really was. My father used to ask me before when I decided to return back to school if I was really okay to study in U-BELT, the mere fact that the travel hours were extremely toxic to deal with. I was not really understanding what he personally meant when he said that. Besides, I studied in UE before when I was a teenager and I experienced the travel hours, and it was okay to me. But, through my expectation, everything was changed. I regularly took notes of my life experience in my booklet, and I wrote down all my weirdest or strangest experiences as my inspiration in writings; That also includes my bus travels and sometimes noted its date. Telling my own personal stories in my travel hours in the G-LINER was something that grabs my attention to write about it because it was an important part of my journey as an FEU student.

August 21, 2018

It was my first day in school in Feu. I wasn't so excited about it. I didn't know but all the details on my first day were remarkable to me. Since I had a responsibility in my household in Cainta, I cannot afford to have a dorm. So, I need to go on a commute. It was the memory that often I recalled with every now. I woke up as the early bird at the first glance in the morning. The word "FIRST DAY", was also applied to my ride in the G-LINER going to FEU.

O M G! The most exaggerated word that I could say. "Was this for real? "

I cannot exactly describe how I felt on that exact day. But it was awful, to be honest. I woke up early in the morning 7 AM. But it was not totally enough anymore. I remembered ten years ago, when I traveled from 7AM, I could go to my destination in Manila for 30 minutes. But, it was not the case anymore. It was entirely a different thing. My first class would start at 10:30 AM in the morning and that was RETORIKA. I was wishing that I could reach the exact hour, and I wouldn't be late for my first class. I hated the idea that the professor might give me a bad impression of punctuality issues. I was enabled to take a ride when it was 9 AM, because of my lack of strategy. I have terribly pushed a lady in my front, just to grab her place. I felt sorry when I got in, but he cannot handle my body size. And she never resisted and accepted that she couldn't ride. And better luck next time. I was enabled to get inside the G-LINER. Much of my surprise was that the primary seats were given to the elders now. And the people whose destination was from Ortigas also took the ride in BUS instead of the regular jeep, which caused the compression of the people who got in. I was overwhelmed. Everyone would do what it had to, just to go in their destiny. I wasn't able to sit from the seating chairs it was occupied for a long hour. I was surprised by the change that Manila was today. And the traffic was worsened, much in my expectation. I was late for my two classes. And it was a terrible first experience. But thank god, the professors were absent on my first day. But, I learned my lesson. I needed to be strategic and assessed the time I needed in battling in the traffic just to go to school.

September 18, 2018

It was Monday when I recalled that. My first class was ART APP, and I was needed to be there to discussed the reporting with my group-mates. The travel time was not as pleasant as you could think of. It was also still traffic due to the middle hour in the afternoon. I was somehow happy that time, but I cannot still sit in any seating chairs in the G-LINER. But something happened to me. And it was embarrassing, to be honest. And it was much in my expectation. And it was dealing about the smallest thing became a bigger concern and that was my WATER FILLER.