Prologue

Author here, this is a gay spin off of "The Twilight Saga" franchise. Purely fanfiction, if you don't like gay romance, don't read, thank you. Enjoy.

Zayn's P.O.V

I wish I could have died in the place of someone I loved. I was currently standing in front of my mothers grave with my stepfather's hand firmly grasped on the nape of my neck. He, in all honesty, was absolutely raging as he stood next to me with unshed, angry tears in his eyes. I could feel the waves of it falling off him in torrents. I knew there was no way I could calm him at the fragile age of five. He wasn't even my biological father, sadly my father died when he was attacked two months before I was born, and now my mother died the same way. My stepfather doesn't seem to think it was just any old killer though. He said it was vampires.

Sadly, that was the last time I would see my mothers grave even if I didn't know it at the time. That was when the abuse started. We got home and my stepfather immediately started drinking.

My mother had an innate fascination with the supernatural and my stepfather became obsessed. I learned rather quickly that when he was on the computer I should not disturb him in the case that I wanted to be backhanded. It only got worse from there. Every night he started gambling and when things didn't go his way he would beat me. I guess I deserved it though. I always messed something up. Whether it was not making what he wanted for dinner or making him lose the gamble. That was a long time ago now, though.