4. Weird Feelings

NOTE - Since the original fanfic was written in 2000's, I had to copy the part for LGBTQ community which was mentioned in original fiction. I hope I have not disrespected anyone. I am very sensitive towards them and I don't mean to offend anybody. If... if there is anything offensive that you find in this fiction against the LGBTQ community..please do let me know...so that I can correct it..

Day 2 - Part 2

(Warning - 18+ The Chapter and the story contains strong adult themes which may dismay some people.)

On her way to the Raipur PD after lunch, Mishti called Ishita and asked her to cover her Senior thesis class. They were all doing reading searches so lecturing wasn’t necessary. Mishti by-passed returning to the University for the day and went in search of anxiety relief.

“Papa?”

DCP Maheshwari looked up at Mishti standing in his doorway. Smiling, he motioned her in and watched her take a seat. The young woman looked too thin and very tired. Living with Abir Rajvansh had to be energy consuming, so he held his tongue about asking her about how she felt.

“Mishti, honey. To what do I owe this pleasure? This is twice this week. Yesterday, and now today.”

“I know. I swear I’m not sticking my nose in the middle of a case again.” Mishti reassured her soon to be stepfather.

Vishambhar winced. He actually still felt bad about the last time. Mishti helped them with a large case only six weeks ago, and Vishambhar had been under pressure from Rajshri, who was concerned about Mishti being involved in another murder investigation. It was the sixth investigation she had involved herself in since the one that introduced her to Abir over a year ago. Rajshri was still overprotective and worried, and she tended to work Vishambhar up over the same things.

“That’s okay, honey. I didn’t think you were. I know all the cases assigned to Rajvansh and Sharma, and they are on undercover assignment tonight and desk duty otherwise, until Abir’s knee mends.”

Mishti went over and sat on Vishambhar’s desk facing him. Leaning down she kissed his cheek. “Thanks, Papa. Getting him to take a break is next to impossible.”

“I know. I got the doctor’s report about his knee. It’s just a strained ligament, but it still needs to be tended to.”

“So where is my grumpier half? I came to see him.”

Vishambhar just smiled at her description of Abir. “He’s probably at the loft. He, Kunal, Kartik, and Nishant are participating in a Special Unit operation. They’re no doubt getting rested and dressed for tonight’s events.” Vishambhar smiled and told Mishti what the assignment was, enjoying her amusement over it all.

~*~

When Mishti entered the loft she could hear her sort-of brother, Nishant whining.

“I’m not wearing this. It’s...it’s degrading!

“No way, sweetpea. You look a dream.”
Kartik said in his gayest voice.

Abir was lounging on the sofa drinking a beer and watching the others. Smirking and making loud rude comments, the man was obviously enjoying himself. It was the snaking of Mishti’s arms around his neck from behind that alerted him to the fact she was home.

“Having fun, Officer?”

Abir looked back at her over his shoulder. “You’ve got no idea. This is gonna be an operation to talk about for years to come.”

“I went by the PD. Papa told me about the assignment. Guess this means I’m eating alone tonight, huh?”

“Sorry, Professor. Cap’s orders. We can have food with you before we take off if you like.” Abir reached behind her and grabbed her body pulling her over the sofa and into his arms, planting her firmly to his side. Kissing her quickly, and smiling against her skin, he rested for a moment and murmured, “I’ll make the rest of it up to you later. I promise.”