First life - 8

"Hey!"
I woke up to a voice. Damn, I must have dozed off. The first pair of eyes I saw were familiar ones, nice ones... Chris' ones!
"Chris!" I darted forward to embrace him.
The blonde haired boy was a bit taken back but hugged me softly after a moment.
"Woah, what's the rush?"
I moved back, my hands still round his side but now fully taking in his handsome face.
"I have so much to talk to you about."
He raised an eye brow, "what? Was it some weird dream?" He laughed a little, "because I was here the whole time, you're the one who fell asleep to Finding Nemo."

Finding Nemo?
I looked around. We were in his room. Of course, I'd been here before. There were many times when we'd hang out here and play games but we hadn't watched many films together in his room... together... with such close proximity.
"Did I sleep in on our first date?" I asked, it was an innocent enough question but what came next was something I wasn't prepared for.
"What do you mean silly? We went out for a meal and to the lake, remember?"

No.
No I didn't remember.
Because I never went on it...
I missed my first date with my favourite person and I am never living that down. There may be some kind of time jump element with this shifting between realities but I'm not sure I could go back in time. What was done was done... and now I really had to explain and find some answers.

It wasn't easy at first. He was so willing to listen but you could tell over half way through that he thought I was insane. Chris said I was my usual self when we had our date, no different to how I was now. I tried to explain what the other realities I'd been to were like but he kept getting confused.
"In South Korea, you were a Kpop star, in a band called Stray Kids and you were their leader."
He said he'd never heard of the band and never even thought of moving to South Korea, let alone pursue a singing career. We even looked up if there was such a band. There was! So, I'm glad I wasn't going completely insane.

It was made up of 7 members. Most of the names I recognised but I wondered where Felix was.
"Do you know a guy called Felix... Felix L-something?"
A small smile appeared on Chris' face, "Felix Lee? Yeah! He was an exchange student from Sydney for a year at our school. I still have his number I think."
That's why he sounded and looked so familiar; I know him in my world too. I asked Chris if we could call him down as it had been a while. He questioned me about it this had anything to do with my 'vivid dreams' as he called them.

I wish I could just show him firsthand, it would make it so much easier for him to understand. I wasn't tripping, there were no hallucinations, it was as real as I was. Eventually, he agreed, saying we could tie it in with a trip to the city or have him sleepover one of ours. It sounded good to me, I just hoped that this time I stuck around for when this happened so then I could see him and my reality's version of him with my own eyes.
"Who exactly were you up until now then? You know between these shifts?" Chris asked just before I was about to head off. He looked disheartened and I knew that he wanted to make sure I wasn't being fake.

"I don't know," I shrugged, "I think it was still me but just autopilot you know? Like half of my soul was missing."
It was the best way to explain it and it made the most logic sense to me too. He nodded and kissed me goodbye. I really hope I hadn't upset him. It wasn't meant to make him panic and make it seem like I wasn't being genuine with my feelings. But man, missing our first date didn't sit right with me.
If only I could learn how to control this shifting, then maybe I could have the best of both worlds like Hannah Montana. Well, Hannah if she was Miley, Hannah and Destiny Hope all in one go.

Later on, after I had left Chris', I looked into more details about Stray Kids. I had no idea that without Chris there would be so many differences. A guy called BamBam was the first to join the group, having been trained alongside the members of GOT7 but was instead chosen to be the leader of Stray Kids. He had trained the longest and so apparently that made him the perfect fit for a leader. The other boys then joined him on the Stray Kids survival show. Lee Know was permanently eliminated from the survival show and instead went on to go solo. It wasn't until Woojin left the group that Lee Know returned and so the boys stayed as 7 the entire time.

It's strange how different people affect the fates of others. These were all the boys I had met in the other reality, aside from BamBam, and now I'd never get to meet them in my actual body. A part of me wanted to push Chris into that industry but my poor Aussie boy just wasn't interested. He loved it here and that was the fate of a different version of him. It wasn't the fate of every version of him. Right?