Thomas and his family

How cruel and vile the son of God is. He gave everyone a voucher- a free pass to do evil. Forgiving them regardless of their disgusting nature. Dying for such a people, yet here we are at the beginnings of new eras. Eras that rise and fall only short of one peg. A peg known as morality. 

   Thomas knew this. Thomas knew the nature of man through the betrayal and evil he grew up in. His father, betrayed by his own twin, murdered and covered up in an accident. His mother, a simple prostitute that was used as a vessel for the abysmal God's own use. Betrayed by his father, and used to give birth to him, nothing was moral or good about his existence. A whore for a mother and a dead man for a father. Who raised him however, was Cain to his father's able. Rearing him like he was his own son, however without fail always telling him how he was beneath the entire family. 

    Why does the castle that rises so high in the sky over heaven ward rests so empty? Even with the monstrous creatures that serve Thomas and attend to his every need. All that remains of other humans are simply paintings? 

   The answer is simple. 

     "I killed them all and let my creatures eat their bodies? That's far too simple of a punishment for you wenches."  Thomas grinned ear to ear at his cousin. 

   She was younger than him, having not received a single letter from her beloved mother, Elaine Lawstead , over the past 3 months. She knew something could have gone wrong, as her last letter detailed a strange encounter with Thomas. She had no other choice but to go to see her, even if it cost her life. She was going mad with the many possibilities of what happened to her mother. Upon arrival, she was only greeted by the haunted black rocks of the Devil's mire. The castle was erected in over a single night. 

  Much to her dismay, all that was there in the castle was simply her cousin- Thomas Lawstead who somehow was given the ownership of the property, castle and all of assets that once belonged to her father. That's when she said it-

     "YOU MURDERER!' She yelled at the shrill of a scream. "You killed my parents and sisters! You monster!" 

    She accused him so blatantly that Thomas couldn't help but simply laugh. Her reasoning was based on them missing? Then not returning a letter?

   "My my, they say a woman's intuition is- sharp but I never expected such from that Wenches daughter." Thomas gave the ceiling and walls a glance returning to his prior statement.

    The vile and evil that swirled within Thomas was embraced. Not a shred of an act nor guilt resided within his eyes, he was unremorseful. He looked into the eyes of his uncle's daughter and before she knew it, his hands were on her cheeks. 

    "My dear cousin, I could never give them such a cheap method of death." His smile grew intense, slowly looking over to the family portrait of their family. 

   It was then that it sunk in, her eyes widened with terror at what he had done. 

    "Fear not, my little cousin. Even you shall meet with them."  The sounds or muffled screams could be heard within their proximity. 

    Emitting from the painting, the eyes of the portrait moved and bled erratically. Bulging from the frame, hands slowly spilled from it. Freeing several multi-colored hands that latched onto her, his grin stuck like that nasty painting, pulling her into it. 

   It was only then that she could see her bound father, mother and sister latched onto by fleshy creature-like tendrils. The meaty husks that bound their arms and legs kept them at bay. As a single tendril was rammed down their throats pumping in and out some kind of fluid. 

    "No..No,NO NO NONONONONONONO!" She struggled as the thing drew to her end, the only response to her horrific cries was the deadly silence within the walls of that castle. 

   Thomas watched with a dead pair of eyes, his only remaining family bound to the castle they loved so. The abusive Aunt and the spiteful uncle, the vile cousin and the naive one all in one place. All within the castle they grew up in, his family was now forced to watch as the child they killed to claim, took the lives of many. 

  The splattering sounds of the flesh rendering back to a strict stillness would echo throughout the halls like the sound of many larvae spinning around in their little spasms. Thomas walked away from the family painting as he could still hear her struggle. Her pleas and cries for forgiveness, to be set free, that she wouldn't tell a soul, that he could do whatever he wanted just to spare her life. The pleas however were on dead ears, now Thomas would serve their God alone, and allow their screams of pain and entrapment be his first sacrifice to his God.