v. multiple psychos

The group had set out to find Simon and had thankfully found him yet in time as he was being attacked by a girl. Deena pulled out the gun she had stolen and shot the girl before she could hurt Simon any further.

"Simon, come on!" Kate yelled at him.

Simon began screaming for his life as he ran towards his friends. They all began shouting for each other to hurry up.

Sydney had grabbed Simon's hand in the chaos of it all, not letting go until they were safe. Simon didn't seem to notice or care that she had, it made him feel better about almost dying.

On their way back, Sydney had let go as she now felt safe. "Are you ok?" She asked Simon.

Simon nodded. "Yeah." He told her, giving her a small smile.

Sydney gave him on back. "Good. Glad Deena stole that gun, we could have lost you." She said.

Simon chuckled lightly. "Me too." Sydney didn't say another word after that, but she did rest her head on his shoulder until they got back to the house.

Where everything went back to chaos.

꧁꧂

"It doesn't make sense. It's...it's not possible." Sam said as they had gotten back to Deena's house. "Bullets didn't stop her." She reminded them.

"Amazing observation." Kate said sarcastically.

"Who the hell was that?" Deena questioned.

"How the hell should I know? She...I don't- She was hot! I don't know! The bitch seemed normal!" Simon defended himself.

"Yeah well, I hate to break it to you, but normal bitches don't bleed black fucking blood!" Deena yelled at him.

"Well, she was hot and normal until she attacked me with a fucking razor blade!" Simon explained to her.

"I can't believe you risked yourself because you thought some girl was hot." Sydney mumbled. Simon gave her a defensive look and threw his arms in the air.

"Wait. What...A razor?" Josh questioned, finally getting in on the conversation.

"Yeah, for like old-timey shaving, or in this case, I guess slitting her-"

"Wrists." Josh completed for Simon. "She slashed her wrists. Was she singing something? Was she singing a song, like an oldie...like an oldie song?" Josh interrogated .

"Jesus, Rain Man. How the fuck do you know that?" Simon asked.

Josh took them to the basement where he had this strange walk of newspapers. He ripped one of them off the wall and put it on the table in front of the group. "This is Ruby Lane. The girl who attacked you." Josh told them, they all looked at the girl on the front of the newspaper.

"Holy shit!" Simon pulled the picture closer to him.

"She's not that cute. Let alone hot." Sydney whispered to herself.

"She sang as she murdered her boyfriend, her friends, then she killed herself. Slashed her wrists." Josh explained to them.

"Jesus. Why didn't I see this on the news?" Kate asked him.

"Because it happened 30 years ago." Josh told her. "1965." He specified. Josh then went back over to his wall and ripped more papers off the wall. "Ruby is one of Shadyside's killers, just like Skull Mask. I mean Ryan Torres." Josh put down the newspaper about their one and only Ryan. "Look, 1978. Sixteen years ago. Masked psycho murders kids at-"

"Camp Nightwing." Kate finished for him. "Yeah, my mom's sister was there. That screwed my family up for a long time." She revealed to them.

Sydney nodded. "Both my aunt and uncle were there. Twins. Well they were twins until my uncle died." She told them.

Josh set down another newspaper. "1950, Harry Rooker, local milkman slashes a bunch of housewives." He places yet another paper on the table. "1935, Humpty Dumpty Killer." He places another one. "1922, Billy Barker." And another paper. "1904, Grifter guts girls, and on and on. It happens in Shadyside over and over. Normal people turn into psychos." He recaps.

"Jesus." Simon says as he pulls out a picture of a creepy looking guy. "Look at this guy." He's clearly freaked out.

"That's the pastor, Cyrus Miller. 1666. He was the first one recorded. He, um...killed kids and cut out their eyes." Josh explained to them.

Apparently, Sam had, had it with the killer talk and left the room. Deena, of course, wasn't far behind. The others didn't care much for Sam's disappearance. "It's Sarah Fier. She's turning Shadysiders into killers." Josh explained.

"Do you really believe that?" Kate asked him. "I mean, no one actually thinks that this witch shit is real." She told him.

"Yeah, it's something babysitters made up to scare kids." Simon agreed.

"Josh if Deena freaked you out with this it's ok." Sydney tried to comfort something that didn't didn't comforting

"No, no. Just listen to me. 1666, Sarah Fier was hanged for witchcraft, fact." He told them. "But ever since she was executed, she's been possessing people, turning them into killer, to take revenge on the town." He explained his theory.

"It's just like the nursery rhyme." Simon said. "Before the witch's final breath, she found a way to cheat her death. By cutting off her cursed hand, she kept her grip upon our land. She reaches from beyond the grave to make good men her wicked slaves." Simon recited. This time, he sounded scared, not like when he had said it in the bathrooms at school.

This was real to him.

"Yes, exactly. Don't you see what's happening to us? This is all proof." Josh pointed at the papers on the table. "Shadyside isn't just some hotbed for psychos. All these massacres are connected to Sarah Fier. The witches curse is real." He tried convincing them.

"Fine. Let's assume that the witch has been possessing people for some sort of messed-up vendetta." Kate said. "This isn't the same as the mall massacre. Something different is happening to us. Something way worse." It sounded as if Kate did believe that Sarah Fier was behind this all, but Sydney still wasn't convinced. "Ok, we have two of her killers after us and both of them are dead. Why is she so mad at us?" Kate questioned.

"I saw her." Sam's voice said form behind them. "Last night, I don't...I don't know, you know. I thought I hit my head...It was...It was her." Sam tried explaining to them. "I saw the witch."

AUTHORS NOTE!
just want to say that i personally think that ruby lane is hot, sydney does too sis is just a little bit jelly.