chapter 1

Everyone says happily ever after comes after a romance, unfortunately I learned that this was actually a tragedy.

[back to the beginning]

It felt weird to be packing everything into boxes, knowing that in just a few days, this room will be completely empty with nothing but memories left. I looked around, observing every little detail of the room I have lived in since I was 3 years old. I mean, it's not like I won't come back here permanently, but it was still sad that I wouldn't be here everyday like usual.

I know i'm going to miss my parents horribly, but I wasn't going to be very far from them, considering LA is less than 1,000 miles away. Wow, this is going to be insane just moving away from where I grew up. As I am caught up in my thoughts, I hear my door open causing me to turn around.

"Hey honey, hows packing going?" my dad slowly walks in with that warming smile of his.

"It's going great, but it's so crazy" I chuckle as he nods in agreement.

He signals for me to make my way over to him, so I did. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me in a gentle hug as he points to a spot on the wall. I didn't know what exactly he was pointing at, because it was a plain wall.

"You see that spot?"

"Mhm"

"Ever since you could walk, up until you were about 12, I would mark your height every single year. Your mother would freak out every time I added a new mark and once even threatened to paint over it." A joyous laugh escaped his mouth.

"Oh yeah, huh, I remember that." I laughed as he squeezes me.

It saddened me a little whenever I thought about it, so I didn't bring it up very much. My dad squeezes me one last time before he lets go.

"Dinner's almost ready by the way. Your mom sent me up here to tell you." he smiles before closing the door behind him.

"Thanks Dad!" I shout loud enough for him to hear me.

After putting away a few last items into boxes, I open my door again walking downstairs, where I see my mom and dad messing around with each other. I'm fortunate enough to have parents with an extremely healthy relationship. And even better, I'm grateful to have an amazing relationship with them. They've always been my number one supporters. Geez what's up with me being so emotional? I'm acting as if I'm never going to see them again or something.

"What's up lovebirds?" I joked

"Not your relationship status" My dad clapped back at me and my jaw DROPPED.

"Okay, in my defense, it's because I don't want a boyfriend right now, not because I can't get one." I scoffed

"She's not wrong, she's been rejecting all the boys I've introduced her to." My mom laughs and my dad shakes his head.

The kitchen timer goes off and my mom opens the oven. She slides on some oven mitts and pulls out a beautiful lasagna. I take a moment to take a deep breath in, smelling the food. It smelt like heaven, but of course, it wasn't surprising. I mean, it is my mom's cooking after all.

"It smells so good!" My dad and I yelp in excitement at the same time

My mom laughs at us and we all join in with her. I'm really going to miss having dinner with them, or just spending time with them in general. Although, I gotta think positive right? I'm about to move out for the first time AND in LA!!

My mom places the lasagna on the table and I can see my dad eyeing it hard. I know for sure he wants the first piece, but that's not happening as long as I'm here. Once we all sat down, I immediately grabbed the scooper and take my piece. My dad's jaw dropped at my speed as my mom laughs at us.

"You two are like animals." She shook her head and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Yeah? Well next time you better prepare to lose." My dad sticks his tongue out back at me and my mom shakes her head once again.

"Even though you guys are so chaotic, it's what makes eating together this fun." My mom chuckled

Dinner went by quickly, and I've returned to my room. It was still so crazy to me that tomorrow morning, I was going to fly out to Los Angeles and live there. I still have to figure out where to work and what I'll be doing to earn money, but as of right now, I am simply focusing on packing.

_______________________________
Authors Notes

THIS IS THE FIRST CHAPTER OF NOTHING IS PERMANENT!!!! I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED IT AND ENJOY THE REST OF THE STORY TOO BECAUSE THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO UNFOLD AGHHH

okay okay so like I said in "about the book" I will be publishing it chapter by chapter but I don't know how long some chapters will take because some chapters will be longer, and others will be shorter. But, I will try my best to publish as fast as I can. HOPEFULLY PEOPLE WILL ACTUALLY READ THIS STORY BUT TO ANYONE WHO IS READING IT I LOVE YOUU AND THANK YOU FOR READING THE FIRST CHAPTER!!! THE NEXT CHAPTER AWAITS HEHEHEH

- isabella<3

WORD COUNT : 919