18. Nightmares

♪♫Fᴀʜʜʀᴀᴅsᴀᴛᴛᴇʟ- pisse ♫♪

Katsuki cooked the vegetables and chicken fingers and placed them on a plate before handing them to Aizen.

Aizen politely bowed and said Thankyou before taking his food to the table to eat.

You got up and stood next to katsuki at the bench.

"That was cute"
You said.

"Shut up"
He replied as he lightly punched your arm

"Seriously though. You handled him very well Kat"

"Well he isn't a little shit so he's easy to handle"

"(Y/n)! Katsuki! Come look"
You both walked over to see that Aizen had finished all his food on the plate.

"I ate everything. I told you I wasn't picky"
Aizen said to katsuki.

"Good job"
Katsuki said as he fist pumped his smaller hand.

"Can we play games now?"

"Yeah I'll get the console set up."

After 3 hours of playing video games, it was 9:00.

You had fallen asleep on katsukis shoulder an hour ago and katsuki had started to notice Aizen was getting tired.

Katsuki sat up and placed your head onto a pillow so you were comfortable as he walked over to Aizen and picked him up.

"Cmon you little asshole"

"Your just cranky cause I'm better at minecraft"
Aizen said as he yawned.

"You wish kid"

He took Aizen into your room which you had set up for him.

"You alright to sleep on your own?"

"Mhmm"
Aizen jumped on the bed with the toys he had brought over and climbed under the blankets.

Katsuki turned on the side table light before patting Aizen on the head and walking out.

When he came back into the lounge room, you were sitting up rubbing your eyes. Katsuki chuckled because you looked just like a child being woken up.

"He's asleep"
Katsuki said.

"Thankyou katsuki"

"Are you-"
You stopped and yawned.

"Are you going home or do you want to stay the night."

"Fuck that it's too far"
He said.

You laughed a little. Really his house was only a block away.

"Okay. I'll go sleep in Aizens room, you can have the couch to yourself."
You stood up but were pulled back down by katsuki.

"No stay I don't give a shit."

He said as he laid back down on the large couch.

"Okay only if you want me to"

You got a blanket that had fallen on the floor and laid down next to katsuki on the couch before laying the blanket on top of you both.

After a few minutes, katsuki heard your soft snores and turned himself to face you before falling asleep as well.

The next time katsuki was awake was at 2am. He sat up and began panting uneven breaths.

A nightmare.

Ever since he was kidnapped over 6 months ago, he had nightmares. They were very common in the weeks that followed the kidnapping.

Kirishima, who's dorm was next door, was aware of his nightmares and would often schedule sleepovers on nights where katsuki acted differently to divert the nightmares.

During the start of this year, they had become less common. They only happened when they were triggered by things that reminded him of the kidnapping. Like old bars he walked past that reminded him of the hide out or dripping water pipes from when he was locked in a cell.

But ever since you had arrived, they had become none existent. Old bars or leaky pipes didn't trigger anything for him. So why was he having one now after months of being clean.

Well this nightmare was different. He wasn't about to grab kirishimas hand and then miss and fall to his death or get locked in a cell forever with no escape like the others.

He was in a empty room where the only thing other than him inside was you tied to a chair. He tried to walk to you, help you out, but every times he would come closer to you, you would love further away. No matter how fast he ran, you were untouchable.

And then they came out. Toga, shigaraki and dabi. The three connoisseurs of evil. They came closer to you. With knives and fire. They were going to hurt you and he couldn't do anything. He couldn't stop watching as you screamed in pain. And then he woke up.

He looked back on the couch to see you still peacefully asleep next to him. This calmed his racing heart.

Old katsuki, the boy who didn't have time for friends, prioritised training over fun. If he was the one who experienced this nightmare. Where you, someone he was close friends with, was injured, stuck without help he would cut contact with you.

He wasn't aloud to feel pain for others. If caring for someone gave him grief he just wouldn't care anymore.

But new katsuki, the boy who apologised for the years of bullying, who began to care for his mental health over physical, the katsuki who became friends with the new girl and months later helped her babysit, he doesn't give up on people. It's his job now to protect them.

Being a hero, never works out well for your love life. Sure getting a partner is easy but there's always a constant fear of endangerment. Whether that be you are the one who gets endangered and your partner has to deal with the worry or your partner is endangered and it's your fault for bringing them into your business.

The only recent hero to have a partner was endeavour with his wife, and that definitely isn't a good example of a happy relationship.

But katsuki cared for (y/n) he wasn't going to openly admit it, but he wasn't just going to leave her because if she got injured it was his job to help. He's staying, he's going to be a good enough hero to protect her.
———————————-
978 words
Damn getting deep :/
I hope this monologue thing makes sense :)
Ily <3