Chapter 5

Chapter 5

We were walking into the place that we were staying. It was so fancy but it looked weird. There was this bright pink dining table and the couch was florescent orange striped with sky blue. The walls were a light green colour, which was actually nice, but it looked so out of place in this mess of colours. I felt out of place. I’m meant to be in district 12, with Prim and Mother, not in the Capitol preparing for The Hunger Games. Effie told us to head to our rooms and get cleaned up; dinner would be in an hour. I walked into my room. It was a lot better than the living room. The walls were the same light green colour, which worked for me, green was my favourite colour. The sheets on the bed were a pale blue striped with the same green which was on the walls, and the carpet was just white. It actually looked nice. There was a massive window that had an amazing view……if you liked looking at a whole heap of big buildings. I hated it there. I decided to have a nice warm shower. There was never hot water back in 12, so at least that was something good.

I got out of the shower and put on a nice green dress and black jacket. I think you’re supposed to look nice for dinner in the Capitol or something. I neatly put my hair in a braid and walked out. Just as I walked out Gale was walking out of his room. I guess he had the same superstition about dressing nice for dinner as he was in formal black pants, a button up white shirt and he combed back his hair. I let out a small chuckle as I looked him up and down. He gave me the death stare before smiling at me. “Aren’t you supposed to dress up in the Capitol for dinner?” He asked “Well I think you are. It’s just” I was trying to hold in my laughter. “I’ve never seen you so dressed up and it’s funny.” I couldn’t hold it in any longer. I burst out laughing; Gale just rolled his eyes at me.