★ ⁺ ELABORATE.

────────────────────

involving many carefully arranged parts or details.

═ ☆. EVERY TIME THE FOUR DARLINGS OF Sapiena decided to sit together at one of the outside tables on campus, they claimed the table practically the same way each time.

Giorno Giovanna's outerwear would drape itself over a metal-backed chair, followed by Trish Una's tiny Chanel clutch in the adjacent seat. Bruno Buccaraiti's silver MacBook would open on the table, either to one of his papers or Trish's. Then a sandwich would appear, bought by Guido Mista from the posh café the four of them liked.

Trish and Giorno commanded the table. Their presence was magnetic; quicksilver grins tossed to passerby like diamonds. Bruno was quieter, more focused. He didn't know students were in love with his gentle smile when he drew it out. Most people thought Mista didn't give a shit what people thought of him, and that was mostly true. But he wore his cap just so, and he was quick to pull on his smirk when he knew people were watching.

These were the four students Sapiena was obsessed with. Their social media profiles were treated like works of art, and seeing them on campus was akin to seeing a celebrity. Everyone flocked to their parties, their hangouts, their classes. Being around them felt like drinking champagne. If you caught their attention and they invited you into their circle, your world was suddenly brighter and more extravagant. The four of them were effervescent, and the people around them caught some of that sparkle.

It was too bad it never lasted. The students they invited only stayed in the circle for a week or two. Maybe they didn't fit in or hold enough attention. People didn't know how to get invited. They just knew there'd be someone new before long. Although most people wouldn't admit it, being invited into that circle would be a dream.

Today, Trish tossed her clutch onto the table with a huff. She brought her iced coffee to her lips and took a long pull from the metal straw.

"How was it?" She only heard the masked eagerness in Giorno's voice because she'd known him for years.

"It was a fluke," Trish replied. "Caprese couldn't see either of them. And he acted so confidently too. It was terrible how sad he looked when we left."