What goes around comes around

Nikhil's POV(next day)

When I got back to my cabin after the board meeting, Micky was waiting for me. Obviously, her tussle with Nishigandha was discussed in every floor, still I was shocked to see Micky in person because she was never the type to use her connections in dealing with office politics.

She stood up and threw a newspaper on my face. Now this was not what I was expecting. Before I could ask her anything, she shouted, "What the hell is this, Nicky?"

I took a deep inhale and answered in a low voice, "Since you are doing all this newspaper throwing and shouting here, I think you are more suited to answer this question."

"Open the business section," Micky always trembles when she's too angry, "You are dating Diya?"

I looked at the article responsible for all this drama. Diya came from a poor, conservative family who fled her abusive family and struggled on the footpath and finally got a chance as a model after making some questionable sacrifices. She rose to as a highly sought after supermodel and after an affair with the heir of a multinational corporate house who had zero business sense, she took over the reins of the loss-making software company and made it as one of the top five IT giants in the country. And now that she had broken up with her boyfriend, media needs her to link her up with some other person. Obviously people have a strong industrial backing due to their families' name could make it very difficult for such media houses by engaging them in lawsuits, they made me the scapegoat just because of a meeting I had with her for a contract.

"You are dating Diya or not, tell me?" Micky demanded.

"And now, why am I answerable to you? It's none of your business whether I'm dating someone or not," I said leaning against the side of table with my arms crossed.

"Listen," Micky touched her upper lip with her tongue and then held me by the collar, "If you date that model, I'll make sure to make both of your lives hell."

Now, this was becoming fun. It was easy for me to clear all Micky's doubts by telling her the truth I was never interested in any girl except her. But the image of Micky kissing Deepak at the chin in front of the whole class flashed before me. Now was the perfect time to give her a taste of her own medicine.

"Now, now, Mansi," I smirked, taking her hands off my collar and made an act of dusting my collar, "Do you think me to be so weak that I'll let you get away with making my life hell? I'm sure you're mistaking me for someone else."

"I fully know, who you are, inside and out, Nicky," Micky growled, charging towards me. She closed her eyes and stood on her tiptoes. If anyone needed any proof that Micky was mad, this was it. She inched her face towards me but I clamped her mouth with my hands.

"Grow up, Micky," I said in disgust, "You think you can hurt me again by this revenge kissing drama again. Normal people kiss out of love, not to make a point or hurt someone. You're sick. But you know what, whatever you do or happens with you has stopped affecting me since long ago. Do you think I give a damn about all your tantrums after you kissed Deepak even after knowing what he did with me in that deserted godown. Just leave, Micky."

Micky was absolutely not used to telling her to get out. Her eyes were red from angry tears and she lifted her hand to hit me, but I blocked her midway, hissing, "Don't you dare hit me again, Micky. Cross me again and I'll bloody make sure you pay for everything you've done to me with interest."

Micky kept looking at me as if she couldn't understand a thing.

"Get out of my cabin!" I shouted.

All this drama wouldn't have happened if I simply told Micky why this contract was so important for me. I was in the least bit concerned about Diya. I opened the proposal file by Diya's company and got to the third page. Under the heading Project Head, was written Deepak Goyal.