Chapter 9

December 6th 2012- London

After days of working on the rebuilding of the scanner, the group had finally reprogrammed the commands and were fully prepared to go to Älva Märchen. The only thing was that, they didn't really plan anything after that. After revealing their plan to Erika and Lucía- who was still held captive, they decided to attack.

"Sure, we have a scanner, but what will that do?" Erika shrugged.

"If we destroy both scanners, from either end, the connection between Earth and Älva Märchen will be gone," Max countered.

"And we'll still be in danger," Erika retorted. "There's elfins everywhere. Who knows which one is a crazed halfling hunting psychopath?"

"And what do you suggest, your highness?" Axel asked.

"Well, I have an idea." Everyone listened eagerly. "A magic contract."

Cecilia, Max and Axel relaxed. "For once I thought you were going to say something smart," the blonde commented. "We all know that hypnotising and contracts don't go together."

"Threats. Lucía and I are powerful. She's a Geisha- Angel and I can control the wind. Besides, I'm not saying that we should get the class leaders to sign it. We only need one, and as long as we persuade the majority of the elfin population, then we may be able to overthrow the leaders."

The group was silent. "That's genius," Adeline mumbled. "And we should do it, right now."

"Now?" Max asked. "We don't even know where to start."

"I suggest we start with the elfins in this world. They'll be easier to find."

"They are?"

"Sure they are. I may be able to build a machine that can detect magic," Cecilia said. "Want to help?" she asked Max.

"Um... Sure," he replied. "Though I don't know how helpful I can be."

"So, either way, we got to train, right?" Adeline confirmed. "I volunteer to train us."

"So do I," Axel added. "Because I'm the best fighter here."

"I disagree."

"You're not the one to judge," he protested.

Lucía watched the group argue about who should do what. She looked over at Erika who hadn't said anything in a while. As the group dispatched, Erika stayed behind in the lab. "Well?" she questioned. "What are you thinking?"

Erika looked up at her. "I don't want those two to suffer, like the time you hurt them." She raised her eyebrow, clearly not remembering the two incidents with the girl. "I wish I could end this as soon as possible... Starting with you." Lucía shifted back, tugging at her hand before remembering that they were tied with special cuffs. "I'm bored of torturing you. I should just end you," she said with malice in her eyes.

"Now... Um... Murder is illegal, remember?" she stuttered with a shiver.

"Only when it's revealed," she responded quietly, inching closer. Lucía shifted as far back as she could go, hitting the wall behind her. Erika cracked her fingers. He put a hand on Lucía's shoulder with a smile. "As if I would do that! Man, that really scared you, huh!" Lucía fumbled around trying to stand up. "Come on. I have a little treat for you, tonight."

"Which is? I hope it's not a new dress."

"I wish it was," she responded. "Three meals a day and hot shower at the dorms, under my supervision, of course."