#4: Idiot.

Chapter Four: "Idiot."

Meghna tied her shoelaces and secured her hair in a ponytail before grabbing her jacket as she headed out to where her brother, Roshan was waiting for her in his bike. 

They pair of siblings were fitness freaks were currently getting ready for their workout. Generally, they would workout at their gym personalised for them right in their mansion but Meghna needed some fresh air and her brother was all the more willing to accompany her for two reasons:

1) He wanted to spend time with his sister after coming back from France only two days ago

2) He did not want some creep approaching his sister (though he did not completely blame them as he was well aware that his sister was beautiful) and since it was 5am in the morning, it was still dark so he did not want to risk it.

"Get on little one" he said lovingly as the sight of his sister. 

"I've already grown up for god's sake Roshan" she said at his mention of his nickname for her. 

"You'll always be my baby sister Megs" 

"I know, we will always be siblings for life. I love my idiot brother" she said, wrapping her arms around her brother's waist. 

"Aw my sis is getting emotional" he teased. 

"Way to spoil the mood idiot" she chided, slapping his back, making him laugh. "But for real though, I love you sweetheart" Roshan said before speeding off with Meghna clutching him as they rode on the vehicle towards the outdoor stadium track for their morning run.

-

"Meghna?" a voice called out in surprise as Meghna finished her run and was cooling down with Roshan. Meghna turned to see Aditya in a blue sleeveless dry fit shirt paired with sweats and trainers. "Aditya? Hi" she said, pleasantly surprised to see her friend as she removed her airpods from her ears. "Who's that?" Roshan asked, being the overprotective brother he is.

"Oh chill out. He's a friend. He works with me too" Meghna dismissed her brother's suspicion. "Hello, I'm Aditya" Aditya introduced himself, holding his hand out for a handshake. "Roshan" he said simply extending his hand as well. "Sorry he's a little overprotective" Meghna said apologetically to Aditya who shook his hand, signaling that it was fine.

"Do you come here regularly?" he asked. "Nah, just needed some fresh air. I don't really like the outdoors but it's refreshing once in a while" Meghna replied. "Can I get you a drink?" he asked. "Oh no Adi, it's fine. We're going to leave now. We need to go to work remember," Meghan politely rejected his offer. "You're right, I'll see you then" he said before giving hug and leaving.

"He's into you Meghna," Roshan said, annoyed. It was really obvious. "Don't be ridiculous Roshan. He's a friend and that's all he'll ever be, don't worry" Meghna said. Roshan was always like this ever since that  incident happened. He did not want to see his sister hurt again and wanted to protect her from any guy who might hurt her. Meghna understood her brother's intentions so she tried her best to reassure him that she was stronger now.

-

"Megs! Lunch with me?" a voice sounded, making Meghna look at the owner of the voice. Aditya. "Sure Adi" she replied, clicking her laptop to go to sleep as she walked towards him. Riya was down sick at home and Karan was with Arjun so why not? Aditya is her close friend. He smiled at her and tugged at her elbow, leading her to the cafeteria. 

Soon they were deep in conversation, their favourite Japanese cuisine to keep them company. "So, this morning, your brother" Aditya started as Meghna looked up. "What about him?" she asked, curious to know what he would have to say about Roshan who he only met in the morning. "He's very protective, isn't he? Is he okay with our friendship?" Aditya asked nervously. "Oh don't worry about him. He is overprotective but he's a loving guy. Anyway, he looks out for me but he doesn't tell me what to do so in that way it's a good thing. He would not come in between our friendship unless you actually hurt me so think twice before you do anything" Meghna said, joking in the end. Aditya laughed and replied, "Well, lucky I am not planning to murder you anytime soon" making Meghna chuckle. It felt good to have her friend back.

Her good mood did not last long as she felt someone's eyes on her. Her hazel eyes scanned the cafeteria till it landed on a pair of fierce black orbs glaring at her. Arjun. Now what?  She questioned, unable to decipher the reason for his sudden anger towards her. She had not even seen him all day and had already submitted the document two days earlier. She couldn't possibly have done anything that could set him off like that. She gave a slight nod with her head before turning back to her lunch companion, not wanting to start a staring contest between her boss and herself. 

-

"Thanks for eating with me Megs" Aditya said as the pair made their way towards the office building. "Come on, you're my friend. Of course I should make time for you" Meghna replied with a genuine smile. Aditya gave her a hug when someone cleared their throat. The two broke apart to see Arjun, obviously in a bad mood. "If you guys are done with your PDA, Meghna my office" he said and stalked off towards his cabin. Aditya raised his eyebrows in confusion but Meghna shrugged, not knowing what was going on herself as she waved at him before setting off in the same direction of Arjun.

Aditya watched Meghna's retreating figure with a frown. He was sure Arjun was showing a lot more interest in Meghna than he has with any other employee. Both Arjun and Aditya joined the company at the same time and Aditya had never seen the guy have any form of friendship or interest in anyone except Karan who he already knew. Now what was this? Does Arjun like Meghna? Aditya realised what he was thinking and shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts. What did it matter? She was only his friend... But deep down he knew he cared. His feelings were too strong to be considered the concern of a friend. But he did not want to admit it. Not now anyway. Not when his competition was strong. There were too many guys around Meghna - Karan, Krishna, Arun and Harish together with Arjun. Who knows how many of them were interested in this girl who was almost every guy's ideal type. 

-

"Ms Meghna, I need you to take care of the documentation and presentation for my project presentation in two weeks," Arjun instructed, handing her a bulky file. Meghna's heart did a leap as she took the file in her hands. How much trust did he have in her that he wanted her to be in charge? "Hope you don't disappoint me" Arjun said with a raised eyebrow. "Of course not sir. I'll do my best" she replied confidently which earned a slight upturn of his lips and a pleased look from him. As pleased as Arjun gets anyway.

Hi, took a long time to come up with this. I have finally introduced Roshan to build up his character as an overprotective older brother. There is still one more character, Varun, who is unintroduced. He won't be for a while. He is a character for later. Anyway, thanks for waiting and I am really sorry but as I said, regular updates will resume only around December. love youuu