4 | The First Time Is The Hardest

November 20th, 611◇(No ones Pov)

November 20th, 611

(No ones Pov)

As fate would be played, it is always cruel to those who question it. Or those that it plays, nothing is ever fair no matter if it's life or death. No one will know for sure when their time is up...

Barbatos clutches their hand as tight as he can, he can feel their fear radiating off of them as they stand only meters away from Hiro. His hand pressed tightly to his sword as he stared at both of them. They all feel the eyes of others bore into them as if they are nothing.

"I can no longer stand and do nothing" Hiro mutters, catching more eyes than before, Barbatos tenses as he pushes (Y/N) behind his back to keep them away from any harm that was to come.

"Should you be doing this in front of others?" the demon asks with no emotion behind his words, catching Hiroharu off guard, his hand clutching his sword harder than before. Yet no one makes a move as the air begins to grow with intensity.

"Don't speak to me with your vile tongue demon" Hiroharu snaps at him, causing gasps to come from those around them, people back away with fear in their eyes as the word demon comes to mind. "This man right here has been lying to all of you! Tricking you all so he can take your souls!" he shouts letting his sword slip from its holder as he points it directly at Barbatos with narrowed eyes. "He has dear (Y/N) brainwashed to the point that they believe he is truly in love with them" he once again lets his voice grow louder, a few more noises slip from the crowds. (Y/N) comes out from behind Barbatos, hands still with his.

"You have no idea what you are speaking of! If anyone is vile it is you Hiroharu." they snap back at him, something flashed in his eyes, almost a sense of regret fills the air but is quickly gone as he glares at them.

"It seems I have no choice," he murmurs, letting his sword fall only inches from the ground, the tip scratching the loose ground below. Before he raises his hand to the male that was now next to him. Clutching another sword in his hand, looking at Barbatos with narrowed eyes, then in a blink of an eye, one sword is thrown to the ground in front of Barbatos's feet. And in that second Hiroharu's eyes meet theirs, before Hiro forces his gaze away from his older sibling. "I challenge you to a duel, whoever wins, has the right to (Y/N)" he says lowly, Barbatos makes no movement to reach for the sword in front of his feet.

"I-" before Barbatos can answer he is forced to stop when he sees (Y/N)'s face fall and anger is in their eyes.

"I'm not some prize Hiroharu! You know I'll never love you in such a way" they snarl, only making Hiro's anger grow to the point he is unable to stand in the same spot for more than a second as he begins to pace slightly.