SS| It'll Always Be You

This chapter will not follow the storyline of Smile For Me. This is just a soft and fluffy side chapter. I wanted to do this after being inactive for some time. For that, I wish to apologize. I will be back to posting for the original story in a week or so after I finish a few chapters...

Enjoy

Word count- 2003

.

.

.

It'll always be you who my heart calls to, you are who I want to spend forever with. Could you allow me to make such a selfish request?

The demon and the human sit in the silence that surrounds them

The demon and the human sit in the silence that surrounds them. Their days were often spent like this, not that either of them minded. All that mattered was that they could be together, with no consequences to follow them. Unlike the past, things had grown to be different and the two could be together with nothing to hurt or take one of them away. Diavolo had given Barbatos some time off since it wasn't often Barbatos requested time off. He never did unless it was for something urgent that was going on in the human world, that also never happened.

"(Y/N)" he whispers as he feels their weight push against him, they had been sitting in front of a lake that they both had seen only once in their lives. That was today. It was beautiful with small fish floating on the surface, as their caudal fins smack the surface as they dive deeper seconds later. A smile comes to his lips when their arms wrap around him in a warm embrace for the first time in a while. He had missed days like this when they could be together. It was more often than before. Yet he found himself longing for more time. Wishing to have them be at his side all of the time. Their feet poke at the surface of the water, causing the surrounding fish to flee at the sudden and foreign object.

"Yes, Barbatos?" they whisper back, pressing their face to his neck as he continues to look out at the lake. A content sigh leaves him as his hand rests on their waist, keeping them at his side. He pauses right before he can respond as loud chirps ring through the air. Birds make themselves known as they fly into view, skimming the water to catch anything that might be unfortunate enough at that time.

"Thank you for accompanying me today." muttering out as he feels them shift in his hold, slowly moving away from him. They pull their feet onto the dock they are on, Barbatos can only watch them with a soft expression. Turning to look back at the demon they smile resting their hand on his shoulder. His hand resting on top of theirs, showing less affection than he had wanted. Yet he knew he would still be content all the same. "I know how busy you have been as of late" He hears a soft chuckle before a soft pressure is applied to his cheek. Soon made out that it was them kissing him.