Imagine 2. The View

The morning in LA was actually calming. You wake up in your hotel room with a chill temperature, your first day of your vacation will be very fun. Your mom were worried of you travelling to the States alone without company but it's nothing for you.

You thought to yourself that you're old enough to travel without any family members accompanying you. It's kinda bored and lonely since your friends are busy with works and studies so you have no choice but to travel alone at the last minute.

You got up and stretch yourself. The curtains were fully closedand some leftovers packaged foods were scattered on the dining counter. You decided to clean the room for a while, throwing the packaging out in the bin, open the curtains and make up the bed.

Since the breakfast was scheduled at 8, you immediately grab something comfortable to wear. A plaid pants and white crop top, you wash your face and brush your teeth in a split seconds and went straight down to the lobby where the dining area located.

"room 456?" the receptionist asked, you nodded and give her a warm smile before stepping in looking for an empty table for a person.

"ahh, why is the place occupied at this hour?" you sighed at the sight of the dining hall fully occupied with people. You just walk around, wishing there's an empty table even it's a big table for a family.

You've been circling around the place, hopelessly. There's literally non empty seat left so you just stand there, waiting for the poeple to leave and you have to eat foods that was left despite the timing was about to be off from the breakfast hour.

"hey, um... Are you looking for a seat?" a guy tapped your back. You turn to him, he was holding a plate of American breakfast. He doesn't look like he's from the States but his English accent are natural.

"hi uhhh, yes I was looking for an empty seat but it seems like people are rushing that this place kinda occupied." you're pointing around, still searching for an empty seat.

"oh if you don't mind, you can sit at my table. If you're comfortable eating with strangers." he giggle. His lips lits up and he kinda have an eye smile which shows his asian features. You felt relieved if he's asian, making you feel comfortable a little.

"sure I'm fine. Let me get some food a while, thank you by the way." you smiled at him and quickly grab some breakfast meal. You decided to go on a light diet for this trip, grabbing a blueberry muffin, bacons, scrambled eggs and fruit salad.

You immediately search for the guy that offered you his table, he can be seen waving his hand to catch your attention. You kinda feel joyful of how kind he is, you jog towards his table and sat across him.

"thank you again..." you look at his smiley face for a name. He noticed that.

"oh Joshua. Joshua Hong." you were shock by his last name. Well you weren't shock at his first name of Joshua since his English accent were fantastic.

"Hong? Are you, sorry if this sounded rude, but are you somehow asian?" you asked slowly to not sound rude and desperate.

"yeah, I'm Korean. Kinda shocking right since I speak English naturally like the Americans." he said while spreading the jam onto his bread.

"I was shocked when you greeted me, your features looks Korean but maybe you're a mix, who knows." you let out a small laugh to let the awkward drown. You scoop some of the eggs into your mouth.

"I get mistaken to be mix by friends when I entered the middle school here. Unfortunately I'm not, I'm fully Korean but born and raised in the LA." another shocking thing you found out today about him. If he's from LA then what is he doing in this hotel? He could've stay at his parents house instead.