All Stories Have Beginnings (Killian)

Killian's POV

I'm an uncle.

I stare into the sparkling eyes of Liam's baby girl, Y/n. Never have I felt such joy. She's so beautiful. I'm not even sure I should be holding such a precious thing. Innocent and new. I love her.
"She's a treasure, Liam." I tell my brother with tears in my eyes.

He sighs. "And one that I will treasure until the day I die."

I look at him. "Then what?"

A hint of a weary smile flashes on his face. "Then I will miss her from the other side of my last breath."

"Liam," Lilian, my sister in law, calls for him weakly.

"Coming dear!" He replies and with one last look at his daughter, he strides into the bedroom as the doctor exits.

"Is not she the most beautiful thing, doctor?" I ask him as she holds my finger.

"She is nothing close to beautiful. You should all be fearing for your lives." He says lowly. My head snaps over to look at him. He's trembling.

"That's not very kind of you to say, doctor." I say to him as I hold Y/n closer. Scared that doc might try to take her from my arms.

"I'm telling you, there's something evil about the mother."

I look towards the bedroom door. It couldn't be true. Lilian is the sweetest woman I've ever known. She's a loving wife, a caring sister, and I'm sure she'll be the best mother to Y/n. "I'm sorry, doctor. I just don't believe there's an evil bone in Lilian's body."

He picks up his doctoring bag. "We'll see. Just don't say I didn't warn you." He nods and leaves.

Y/n stirs in her sleep. I begin to bounce her slightly. There's no possible way she could be dangerous. She's a little angel. That has a nice ring to it. She begins to cry. I bounce her some more. "Shh, shhh, it's alright Y/n, I won't let anything happen to you. Shhh, it's okay... my little Angel."

My little Angel.