Playtime

Yuki's POV:
———-

Lunchtime rolled around, unfortunately I wouldn't be able to see Una or Kiritan since her schedule would be different. But at-least I get to see Rana. Our school doesn't exactly have assigned tables, so that's a plus. Me and Rana have been sitting in the same table for 2 years. Though, IF we did have assigned tables it wouldn't have been a problem this year. Unfortunately Rana and I weren't in the same class last year, so I was alone most of the time.  Well I actually did have one friend but we weren't really close. Her name was Petit, she has really long green hair and gets along with a lot of people. I was starting to fall asleep as I waited for Rana at the lunch table until suddenly
"Yuki! Sorry I took so long. I was busy finding these two."
I looked up and saw Rana, and next to her was..
"Oh hi Yuki-chan! It's nice to see you again."
It was Hime, and next to Hime was... their sibling?
"Yeah it's nice seeing you too"
I didn't understand what they were doing here but I'm pretty sure Rana had something to do with it.
"Oh Yuki! I invited Hime and Mikoto-san to have lunch with us!"
and there it is
"Oh, well the more the merrier"

"Yuki-Chan, was it?" Mikoto asked
"Yes that's me"
I watched Mikoto awkwardly look the opposite way and sit down next to me.
what?
"ah! Sorry mikoto here is not very social" Hime said.
"I see"
Hime sat on the opposite side of the table, facing mikoto. It looks like mikoto wanted to say something. Rana sat next to Hime.
I took out my bento, It wasn't much. I just had some rice, few dumplings and an egg. I had some fruit too, just some strawberries and sliced up kiwi, usually I would bring apple slices but today I brought an orange with me. Fukase Onii-Chan forgot to buy the apple's and we ran out.
Hime seemed to be staring at my bento.
It felt weird to eat an orange instead of an apple.
"Orange?" I said gesturing to Hime.
They seemed to have a spark in their eyes when I held out my hand holding it.
"Ah, Thank you!"
"Yeah no problem"
Rana was having interesting conversations with Hime and Mikoto. I looked down at my bento and continued to eat. It's not that I didn't wanna talk to them, I just didn't know what to
say.
It seemed it was true that Mikoto wasn't much of the talking type. We exchanged a glance a few times unintentionally, I smiled at them but they didn't seem to smile back. Mikoto just looked down at their food.
We all talked for a bit, until I was caught off guard by Rana's question.
"So, where do you guys come from?"
Hime and Mikoto froze.
"we are, not from here. Ummm.. we are from" Hime said, stuttering.
"We are from, China-!" Mikoto exclaimed with a odd confident gesture.

That was.. oddly suspicious.

Hime stared at mikoto, I'm not sure if it was from disbelief or fear.It's not like It makes a difference to me as to where they come from.
"Well... to welcome our new friends how about I invite you all over to my place today?!" Rana said with an excited tone.
"Can I invite Una and Kiritan too?" I asked.
"Of course you can!" Rana said.
"Then it's settled! I'll go."
Hime and Mikoto looked at other until finally they said in unison "yeah, we'll go!"
"Wonderful! Yuki here sneaks in her phone to school eeeeveryday so you can send a little text to your parents!"
"Rana don't say that outloud!" I said trying to hush her up.
"Heheh oops!"

After we finished our lunch it was play-time! Usually Rana and I are the first ones to take up the 2 swings at the end of the swing set but this time they were all taken.
Rana sighed "looks like no swings today". I could hear the disappointment in her voice.
"Hey it's not so bad right?!" Hime said trying to cheer her up.
"How about we play tag?" I suggested.
"I'm ok, I'll sit on the bench." Mikoto said taking out what seemed to be a sketchbook.
"Ah okay" rana said.
The three of us played tag until time ran out. Seems that rana was the one left being 'it'.
"awww man just three more minutes" rana complained,Hime giggled at Ranas remark.
I looked over at Mikoto, who seemed to be drawing the whole time.
"Woah, you made that?" I said pointing at Mikoto sketchbook.
"Y—yes...." Mikoto said looking away.
It was a drawing of Rana eating mochi, it looked so cute!
"Hey Rana come look at this!" I said motioning to Rana.
"Eh what is i- WOAH IS THAT ME?? Waaaa it's so cute WOW I LOVE IT"

It sounded like Rana was having a system reboot for a moment.

"You're pretty talented y'know" I said to Mikoto. "Yeah! You are!" Rana agreed.
"Thank you.." Mikoto said looking down nervously.
"Yeah, no problem."

I hate walking home, usually I would take a bus. Though it's not like I can't walk to school, I just choose not to. Walking really is a pain, after playing tag I don't think I wanna take another step. Una's parents are pretty protective of her, so her mom takes her to school. My brothers trust me enough to do things on my own, a horrible decision really.
"Let's take the bus, please? I don't feel like walking."
Rana looked at me weirdly, "y'know we are suggested to walk alone, no?"
"I'm different."
"Fiiiiine" she said.
"We don't mind, right mikoto?"
Mikoto nodded at Hime's remark.

Una doesn't really bring her phone to school, but Kiritan does! I sent a message to Kiritan earlier to tell Una about going to Rana's house. We met up with Una and Kiritan on the bus.
"This is Hime and Mikoto, they're new here they're from China apparently." I told them.
"Oh! You two should meet my brother. He came to japan a few years ago and grew up in China. His name is Moke!" Una said with enthusiasm.

Hime and mikoto looked at each other nervously. Something about them is off, I know it. I'm going to find out what it is.