First Day.

Kat's POV
After almost 12 years of school I should be ready for the first day right? No. No. No. My alarm starting buzzing the annoying IPhone tone that made me want to throw it against the wall. As I lay there staring at the ceiling realizing this is the last year. I jump out of bed running for the shower the freezing water soon turning warm against my skin. Before I can day dream any longer there is a knock at the door.
"Kat don't use all the hot water I still gotta go to work!"
I mentally nod not realizing my dad can't see.
"Alright alright I'm out!"
Finally I look in the mirror my dark brown hair is straight flowing over my shoulders almost to my waist. My makeup is simple my lashes looking longer with the massacre a little blush. My outfit is simple dark skinny jeans and a light denim shirt covering my torso with brown boots.
"Well this is about as good as it's going to get." I mutter to myself. I hear a honk realizing my best friend is here to pick me up. Walking out Audrey is sitting in the drivers sit with Elizabeth in shot gun.
"Well hey there hottie!" Audrey says dropping her eye in a wink.
"Oh this old thing?" I say faking my modest
Finally Liz speaks up "I want to borrow that sometime. God Jared is being an ass again and it's not even 8:30."
Audrey and Liz were the most popular girls in school by far. Audrey was head cheerleader and did every sport. She was dating the captain of the football team Tom (Who was a total babe) and she was the nicest person you could ever meet. Liz was a track captain also one of the hottest girls in school. She was currently dating Jared a good friend of ours but, lately he had been different. And me well I played volleyball and basketball I started but, I was a little more shy then Audrey and Liz also the whole boyfriend was never something I was good at. Plus I was head over heals for Carter Simmons.
"What is he doing this time?" I asked Liz
"He's saying that I never spend time with him and blah blah blah. I swear he's more a girl sometimes then me!" She giggled
"So are you excited to see Carter Kat?" Audrey gave me a pointed look through the mirror giggling.
"Shut up I told you I don't like him!" I said lying through my teeth.
Liz raise an eyebrow at me
"Right. And Audrey doesn't bang Tom every chance she gets!"
Before the conversation could move any farther we pull into the school parking lot. Making our way to into school looking at my schedule realizing I didn't have any classes with my friends.
"Great AP history this early shoot me!" Liz said frowning
"I have advanced calculus!" Audrey said excitingly. She was such a math nerd.
"I have..Advanced English IV.." I frowned not having any classes with my friends sucked. So as I made my way up the stairs to English I bummed into a solid chest sending me to the ground. Every cuss word was thought of has I tried to get up.
"Hey maybe next time watch were you're going!"
"I'm so sorry let me help you up!" That voice sounded like heaven. Oh my God looking up it was the Carter Simmons. His blonde hair had gotten longer falling over his face. He extended his hand to help me up. Lifting me to my feet my eyes couldn't leave his face. He was the most beautiful man I had ever seen. He used his hand to push his hair back into place.
"You're Katherine right?" He knew my name.
"Uhh yeah but my friends call me Kat." I was blushing bright red. My flush covering my entire body.
"Kat. I like that." Before I could even form a response he was speaking again.
"What class do you have?"
"Umm I have Advanced English IV.."
"Me too!" He flashed his million dollar smile.
"Do you want to walk together?" All i could do was nod. Carter was talking to me. Me. Kat. This was definitely a great way to start the year.