Risky Business.

Carters POV

Speeding through the hallways trying to avoid my crazy ex. She wants to get back together, she made a mistake, and my favorite she's still loves me. Whatever. If you love someone why cheat on them with your supposed "friend"? Stuck in my head and not paying attention to where I'm going I run into something. Or should I say someone. A girl. Her dark brown hair covering her face because of the fall.
"Hey maybe next time watch were you're going!"
Her hair fell back into place. She was beautiful. Big blue eyes tan skin, and the flush lit up her face.
"I'm so sorry let me help you up!"
Pulling her from the ground I was really able to take in all her features. The flush seemed to grow I'm assuming out of angry or annoyance. I was staring so much.
"You're Katherine right?"
"Umm yeah but my friends call me Kat.."
"Kat. I like that."
"So what class do you have?"
She seemed to be stuck in her head debating whether to answer or not.
"Umm Advanced English IV.."
"Me too!"
Before I could stop myself I was asking to walk her to class and to top it off I was nervous she would say no. All she did was nod. We walked the short distance to English. She didn't say anything. Too my surprise she sat next to me in class.
"So how was your summer?"
She seemed surprised that I was still talking to her.
"It was great hung out with the girls..Umm how was your summer?"
Before I could answer someone else did for me.
"His summer was great spent it with me right baby?"
Of course Claire was in this class.
"Actually no. We broke up remember and last time I checked stalking was against the law." I wasn't trying to be a dick but, Claire was a bitch. She turned to Kat eyebrow arched.
"Who are you the play thing for the week?"
I sat there shocked Claire had some nerve.
"Claire seriously what the f-"
"Actually unlike you I respect myself enough to know when I'm not wanted. I'm far from a "play thing"."
Claire hadn't expected that and didn't have a bitchy come back. I think this girl was definitely something else.

Liz's POV
The day had passed slow I was so bored it was unreal. My last few classes of the day I had with the girls so I guess I had that to look forward too. Jared was being weird. Saying we need to talk after school. I was nervous. I was afraid he was going to breakup with me. It had been hard for a couple of weeks but, all couples go through hard times right? I loved him in such a short amount of time. I could literally feel my heart hurting at the thought of him breaking up with me. But my thoughts were wiped clean when Derek sat down. Derek Jackson was complicated. We were friends but at one time it could have been more. He didn't want a relationship I did. That was the whole problem.
"Well hey there gorgeous why the long face?" His smirk was on full force but I knew under the cocky one night stand asshole he tried to be persona he was a wonderful person.
"Relationship issues not that you would understand." My sass was on full display his smirk widened
"I could make you feel better then Jake."
"His name is Jared." My voice holding an edge. That edge happened to be annoyance.
"I don't care actually. Anyways party at my place Friday invite all your "cool" friends."
Before I could slap him. Audrey and Kat walked up.
"Hey Derek how are you?" Audrey asked being the nice person she is
"Lovely. Thanks for asking. Stewart heard you're with Simmons?" The smirk deepened.
Kat's face lit up surprise clearly written everywhere.
"Anyway Derek this party is it the usual inviting the whole school screwing some dumb freshman?" This time I smirked.
"Mhm probably you and Jake can come..?"
My frown deepened Derek kissing the top of my head before walking away.
"I take it we're going to that party Friday?" Audrey said
"Yes. We are and I'm bringing Jared."