Chapter 15|The Broken|

1. Rhythm n' Rhyme 7/5
2. Winter Bird 9/2
3. Chelsea Grace 1/2
4. Night Fury 2/1
5. Dubai Story 20/1
6. Holy Fleeting 11/2
7. Dark Intentions 2/5

It was Travers day. I paced in front of Fury's stall. The field was small, but all eyes were on the 3,4, and 7.

I was asked several times "Will, where is Got Gold?"

I refused to answer. I would simply ignore their question and go back doing the task I was doing. I didn't talk to anyone really.

Cameron was here. He spent time looking over Fury make sure he was in top notch. I watched him actually look like he cares about Fury for once.

Wonder what his expression would be if Fury was sold-

"Ready, Will? It's time to take him to the saddling paddock." Cameron says.

I nod out of my daze and follow John and Fury to the saddling paddock.

Cameron and John tacked Fury up while I held onto his lead line. He stared into my eyes. He looked ready, and I felt a sensation of relief flood into my body. I had hope.

After being tacked up, we lead Fury to the paddock. He pranced like a prince. I looked at Chelsea Grace and checked over my shoulder at Dark Intentions as they were lead around the circular area.

John brought Fury to a stand still in front of us but lead his in tiny circles. Tommy came out in his purple and yellow silks. Cameron gave him instructions real fast before-

"Riders up!"

Cam gave Tommy a leg up and we followed Fury out of the paddock. I then wakes up to the owner's box to watch the race- the race that would decide if Fury would be able to come home.

~Tommy's POV ~
Fury pranced onto the track.

"Good luck, boys." John says as he takes off Fury's halter. We were then lead by a track pony.

"Good luck today. It's good to see this boy back on the track." The rider says to me.

"Thanks, it's good to be back on him." I say patting Fury's neck.

We are lead to the starting gate. Fury became uneasy.

"Easy now, easy!" The gate worker says as he clips a lead to Fury. We are lead into the gate.

"Let's do this." I breath.

Chelsea is in the post to our left.

We were all in.

Ring!

Fury jumped in and stepped on Chelsea. Chelsea stumbled. Fury was soon shuffled to dead last.

"Your name should be Mud Pie." I say shaking my head.

I catch my balance. For a moment I didn't think I would get up.

Fury steadied and established his pace at the back of the back. We had to be a good 10 lengths off the lead. We entered the back stretch and began to catch up to the pack. Fury and I were greeted by a dirt ambush.

I squeal kiss.

Fury bats his ears letting me know he is ready.

I flick my whip in his eyesight, and he goes up a gear. We moved to the outside and began to fly past our competition that was fading. Chelsea and Dark intentions were leading, leaving everyone behind as we entered the stretch. Fury and I crossed the wire in third.

I wasn't sure who won.

I started to slow Fury.

One step makes a difference...