Chapter 7 Reunion

It had been 3 whole Months and the Batch was eager to get back to Kamino and pick up Lucky, who would be an official Medic of the republic and sixth member of their team.

Wrecker was more than overjoyed when they entered the stormy atmosphere of Kamino, Jumping up and down excitedly as he gripped the poorly wrapped present he made with the help of Echo and Tech.

He was dead set on seeing her reaction to it, and they were pretty sure she'd love it.

Crosshair couldn't help the annoying swirling of butterflies in his stomach at the thought of seeing her, hearing her. Knowing she was back and safe.

He almost gagged, He hated these feelings. And At first he thought it was hate. Every time she came into a certain part of the ship and Crosshair was there his gaze lifted to watch her as she carried on with what she was doing.

she still probably hated his guts, not meeting his gaze And completely ignoring him.

Things changed gradually, he even stopped bringing back one night stands, and sleeping with random woman that threw themselves at him.

He didn't want them, didn't yearn for anything with them or even being touched by them.

They weren't Lucky, And that thought scared Crosshair to death, he swore he wouldn't do anything weak in his life. And that included falling in love.

He was strong willed and stubborn.

Not a fluttery teenager that wanted to spend every waking moment with their lover.

He tried pushing her away, And look where that got him. She didn't want anything to do with him and it made things easier.

Because if she smiled up at him again or even grazed him with her soft, delicate fingers he'd fall harder than a rock. And never be able to resurface.

These feelings were pushed down until they were practically about to make him explode and he was terrified.

What if he confessed and she rejected him, she had every right to. He had been a complete Asshole to her and she was perfectly right to be mad.

Or worse, what if she shared the same feelings and then she got hurt, he couldn't bare the thought of Lucky being hurt or killed, that was something he knew he'd never recover from.

"You okay Cross, you seem to be deep in thought" Hunter broke the flooding inner argument he was having with himself.

He scoffed before moving the toothpick in his mouth to the other side before leaning against the wall of the ship and crossing his arms.

"Let's just pick up the brat and go already, I don't want to spend too much time with the Regs" he grumbled.

Hunter was too smart and saw through his barrage, only giving a shake of his head before returning to check with Tech on how close they were to Landing.

"Do you think she'll even want to join with us still?" Echo nervously asked Wrecker who gave an uncertain frown.

"What do ya mean?" Wrecker cocked his head.

"He means, Lucky's been with the Regs for a while now, probably forgot all about us. And most likely will ignore us completely and join THEIR squads" Crosshair hissed out to the visibly upset Wrecker who turned to Crosshair with disbelief, doubt clouding his good eye.