18 - Chapter Eighteen - Lukas Black's Point Of View.

I understood why we shouldn't sleep together, but it was a stupid reason. If he was so worried about not coming back to me, then why wait to find out when that would be. I had seen the way losing my father had wreaked my mom. But she still married him and fell in love with him, even with how dangerous his job was. I would not tell him that though because it might only cement his firm belief. Instead, I nodded.

"I understand that but if you change your mind, My door is open," I said looking at him.

He looked like he might take up the offer right here and now. But he just sighed.

"Lukas, Trust me. I want what your offering but you have lost enough."

"Is that so?"

"Yes, with your parents and stuff, you don't deserve to have to worry about someone you might get romantically involved with dying too."

"You know I'm still going to worry, Even if we aren't romantically involved or even fucking right?"

"That's not fair to you."

"I'm finding out something about you Andrei."

"What's that?"

"You really like to take my choices away and you seem to think I'll follow what you want me to do. Sadly, that will not happen, You are not in control of me."

"Lukas, Please let's not——"

"Andrei, Understand something for me, If I'm going to fall in love with you, I don't need your permission to do it. Now you can join me in the adventure or you can get off the ride, your choice, but you won't make mine."

"I understand."

"Good."

He looked down at his watch before cursing.

"Ah fuck, I'm late."

"Better be off then."

"We aren't done this conversation Lukas, Remember that."

"Sounds good to me, Next time, let's have this conversation over dinner."

He sighed, as we walked back to the front door. As he slipped his shoes on, his tie was bothering me. He stood up straight, looking like he was about to say something. I grabbed his tie lightly and moved it over just a bit so it was straight. He looked a little bothered by my action but said nothing.

"Hurry along Andrei, before your any later."

"Right, I'm already late."

"Bye-bye."

He opened the door and from where I was I could hear him curse all the way back to his SUV. I felt both a little bad and not at all bad. He had been tricked to come over here, to be fair we both had been tricked. At least now, we were on somewhat of the same page with the whole, Lunch with his ex deal. I still didn't like it.

Shaking my head, I closed the door heading back to the kitchen to wash the few dishes that were there. The sound of a car pulling back into the driveway had me really confused, and I turned the water off and made my way to go look.

Andrei opened the front door, kicking his shoes off and I raised my eyebrow looking at him.

"I'm already late. No point."

"What happened to we couldn't do this?"

"What happened to my door is always open."

"Oh, Touche."

He dropped his wallet, keys and everything else in his pocket along with his phone that was ringing on vibration, on the table by the door. His tie went there too, he hung his jacket up on the rack.