Part Two : Dealing With the Pain Chapter One

TWO SPRINGS AGO:

TWO SPRINGS AGO:

Jimin and Taehyung didn't always skip classes. There were only times when once every couple of months one of them would pretend to get sick and the other would accompany them to the nurses' office just so they could get out of English class. It only ever lasted for an hour though, two if they were feeling courageous, never much longer.

"C'mon, Hyungs. Don't leave me alone," Jungkook whined as they approached the school gates. It was still early in the morning. A couple of feet further down, their teacher was standing in front of the gate. His lips were pressed into a thin line as he inspected if the students' uniforms were worn correctly. The few brave unlucky ones held their arms above their heads, punishment well deserved for having their uniform shirts or ties disheveled.

"Jungkook, we're not gonna go and hang out with your older friends," Taehyung argued. Jimin, who was walking next to him, only had a gentle smile and playfully rolled his eyes, knowing that Taehyung would lose this argument.

To prevent the teacher from hearing them, the three stopped in their steps, continuing their argument in hushed voices. Neither one of them was stupid enough to be paraded on their knees in front of everyone, a warning image of what disobedience will get you.

"They could be your friends too. C'mon, you know I want to spend time with Yoongi Hyung. How am I going to make him fall in love with me if we never spend time together," Good luck with that, Jimin wanted to say.

Sighing, Taehyung gave him a hard look, "We've been through this. He is a senior in high school and you are a sophomore, it's never going to work out."

"Don't be too harsh on him," Jimin finally spoke up softly, unable to not defend his best friend, despite sharing Taehyung's opinion.

"Do you want to go," Taehyung turned to look at Jimin, now completely ignoring their younger friend. Jungkook scoffed internally, what a simp...

Taehyung swore internally that he only gave in because the look on his crush's face was too soft.

With Jimin smiling brighter than the sun hidden behind the white clouds, Taehyung knew that he wouldn't be able to refuse him now. But then again, when did he ever?

"Where do they want to meet up," Taehyung finally turned around to look at Jungkook with a defeated look.

Jungkook, unable to contain his happiness, got excited a little too loudly. Looking back at their teacher in precaution, Taehyung punched him in the arm, before dragging all of them somewhere where the teacher couldn't see them.

The spring weather filled their little town with fresh air and soft wind which warmly caressed their cheeks. Every soul seemed to be happier that day, or maybe that was just Jungkook's imagination intervening. Either way, he knew that nothing could go wrong that day. Nothing bad ever happened in spring.