The Article

Engines 19, Aid Car 19, PRT, homeless shelter Columbia St, 3 alarm fire, all engines required.

"LET'S GO 19 ! MOVE ! MOVE ! MOVE ! "

- "What do we have captain?" asked Andy as she drove the fire truck towards Columbia Street.
- "A fire in a homeless shelter, several stations are called, 23 and 13 and maybe 7.
150 people are counted in this center" - Said Maya reading what she just received from the dispatch.
- "Does the Battalion chief is coming ?"
- "He's on holidays"
- "So... it means..."
- "...That i'm totally in charge, yes." said Maya, taking a deep breathe.
- "With Williams under your orders, good luck Bishop".

- "Oh. My. God. Does everyone can see what I see ?" - Asked Vic on the radio.
- "Wow. Yes we do" - Said Warren watching at the window a big black smog coming from the next street.

-"This is not a 3 alarm, at least a 4" - Said Jack while they park their vehicles next to the fire.

All the 19 team gets out of their vehicles and gathers around their captain while waiting for orders.

- "Okay 19, I want you to be very carefull, this fire is expending very quickly on the building, the priority here is to get everybody out of it.
One of the volunteers told me that 10 people did not answer the call, so they are probably still in the building.
The fire is on the middle part of the building.
So, Andy and Miller, I want you to check the west part of the building.
Jack, Sullivan and Vic you go to the east part.
Travis and Warren I want you to water the building from the outside as much as possible with station 23.
Station 13 will go inside with you and follow you to cover you. Station 7 will be there soon.
Be carefull and radio on Channel 3.
19 ! "
- "19 !" - They all said at the same time while they were running to their task.

- "Wow it's really hot in there, the fire spread faster than expected" - Said Miller.
- "Herrera to captain Bishop".
- "Yes Herrera".
- "The fire is already on our part of the building, 13 is trying to countain it while we search any survivor".
- "Copy that, keep me in touch".

- "HELP ! SOMEBODY HELP"
- "Did you hear that ?" - Asked Andy.
- "Here !".
Dean and Andy ran to that teenager as fast as they can.
- "Hello, I'm lieutenant Andy Herrera and this is my colleague Dean Miller, what's your name?"
- "Mick".
- "Mick do you have any injuries ?.
- "No i'm good, but please can you help them ? They are stuck, come quickly!".

A few meters later Dean and Andy found 3 peoples stuck in a room because of a piece of furniture across the door.

Both Dean and Andy joined their strength to lift the furniture.

- "Okay good. Hello in their, it's the fire department ! We will open the door, please don't stay behind" said Dean.
- "Please be quick ! We can't breathe"

- "Captain to Herrera"
No respond
- "Captain to Herrera update please" .
"ANDY !"

Few minutes later Maya could see Andy and Dean coming out of the building with 4 peoples. So she could finally take a breathe.

- "Are you okay ?" - Asked Maya
- "We're good, we have to go back we didn't check the last floor yet" - Answered Andy with a little smile on her face
- "Okay go."

Twenty minutes later Andy and Dean came back with another person seriously injured.

- "All clear for the west part of the building captain, station 13 is trying to put that fire down. Do you need us somewhere ?" - Asked Dean to Maya when a huge noise came from the building.

- "Hughes to Bishop, we need help, we're stuck on the 2nd floor, please come fast, fire is everywhere"
- "Hold on Hughes, we're coming !"

Maya run fast to the captain of station 7, followed by Dean, Andy and the rest of the firefighters from 19.