The light on your face

Playlist: Pacific Beats
---

- "NO ! For god sake Maya !" 
Lane sped across the tennis court toward Maya. Her daughter was training for 5 hours now, and is out of strength. 
- "The competition is in 2 weeks and you can't even do a service properly anymore ?!" - The tall man was inches away from his daughter, one hand firmly holding her arm, his eyes red with anger. 
- "50 push-ups, hurry up" 
Maya, starting her push-ups, had tears at the edge of the eyes, her dad made her train every day at least 4 hours per day, but today her father didn't wanted her to rest. So she had to do it, embrasse the pain, until he has enough of her. 
She is 25 years old and this international tennis competition was the last one of her career, she hasn't told it to her dad yet but Maya wanted to stop tennis and start a career as a firefighter. 

- "M. Bishop, there is someone for you" 
Lane looked at the man and the woman next to him. 
- "Keep going Maya, I'm coming back" 
Lane walked out of the field toward the young woman now alone. 
- "Yes?" - Said Lane without the kindness to say good evening.
- "Good evening sir, I'm Carina DeLuca, you called my agency to have an official photographer for Maya Bishop?" - Said the brunette holding out her hand to Lane. 
- "Yes, sure. And you are the photographer ? You seems to be young, are you a professional?". 
- "I got my art and photography diploma in Paris two years ago, I am 27 years old, so yes I am professional". 
-"Ok. We'll see. I asked for the photographer to follow Maya on her training sessions and the competition who's in 2 weeks. For her sponsor, It will be good to see her on social media. 
MAYA ! go faster, at this rate we will still be there at midnight, it is however not complicated 50 push-ups !" 
Lane didn't bother to ask to Carina if she had some questions, and when straight to Maya.

Carina watched silently the scene, Maya seems exhausting while Lane shouted at her. 
She took her camera in her hand, and sighed feeling that this job won't be as much fun as she expected with that man. Her daughter seems totally scared of him. 

After 45 minutes of training and 100 extra crunches, 
- "Okay STOP, you're totally useless today, go to the shower and go home. Don't expect to have hot water today" - Said Lane going straight to his car without saying goodbye to Carina or telling her the planning. 

Maya picked up the balls, gathered her things and then saw the brunette taking pictures of her. She had not yet noticed her presence.
- "Excuse me, why are you taking me in pictures ?" - Said Maya with a cold tone.
- "Oh sorry, It looks like your father didn't tell you about me. He asked me to come and be your official photographer for your social media and for your sponsors". 
- "My coach. He's not my father when i'm training. Ok, if Lane wants it. " - Said Maya while she walked to the locker room. 
- "Wait, when is your next training session? Your coach, didn't give me your planning".
Maya stopped walking, and turned around in the direction of the brunette, she was beautiful, smiling, and by crossing her glance Maya felt more relaxed. She look at her silently for few more seconds. 
- "Tomorrow, at 3pm. Actually I'll have this training everyday until the competition. Sorry, what's your name ?" 
- "Ok thanks, Carina. Carina DeLuca" - Carina was finally able to see properly the look of the blonde in front of her. Her gaze has an intense and deep blue, breathtaking eyes. 
- "See you tomorrow Carina". - And Maya left to the locker room. She left her things on the bench, and went straight under the shower, not even bothered by the cold water, she get used to it. That's the only moment she allowed herself to cry, and not embrasse the pain, alone in that old locker room, under the shower. 

Later in the evening, Carina was laying on her couch, her computer on her lap, a glass of red wine in her hand, she was watching the pictures she took of Maya. She stops to a photo, the blond was staring at the camera, Carina was so intrigued by her look. "It looks like you have so much to say. There is too much sadness and anger in your eyes Maya".
She made a selection of some pictures to show them to Maya and Lane tomorrow, in order to let them choose the one they want to share.