Alice Wilson - Caleo

dedicated to yeeters-are-cheaters, creater of the character. Italics is Greek. Chiron taught everyone how to manipulate the Mist before letting them live their lives in the case of a mortal.

"REPAIR BOY, WE ARE NOT DOING THAT!" yelled a voice. 

I was walking my dog, Walter, at the park when I saw a girl with long caramel hair and a boy that looked like a Latino elf arguing.

"Come on, Caly, it'll be fun! Besides, you've never truly experienced the mortal world, have you?" The boy replied cheekily.

"I don't need high school!" The girl argued. They kept bickering for a while before Walter decided to go run over to them. I grabbed on to the leash tighter and gave a nervous laugh as the two stared at me.

"Hi, um, I'm Alice, sorry about my dog, he's... a little..." I went cross eyed and the caramel haired girl giggled.

"You're British," the boy noticed.

"Yup! My dog is not, though."

"He's cute," the boy smiled, scratching Walter behind the ear. The fluffy black puppy wagged his tail.

"Thanks," I blushed. 

"I'm Leo, this is Calyps- Caly," Leo introduced the two of them.

"Nice to meet you," I grinned.

Just then, Leo grabbed his phone - I didn't recognize the model, surprisingly - and stared at a text, wide eyed.

"What's wrong?" Caly sighed.

"Nico's kinda..." Leo mimicked fainting. Caly's eyes widened as well and she smiled at me, though it didn't reach her eyes. 

"Our friend's kind of in trouble, we have to go." She said, rushed.

Before I had a chance to say anything, they started running in the opposite direction, and took off in... a METAL DRAGON!?! I blinked a few times, and it turned into a helicopter before flickering back and forth between the two. I decided to go home, I needed to get some sleep. Gotta get up and ready for the first day of senior year tomorrow.

———

RRRRRRRRRING!!!

Everyone jumped in their seats as the bell rang.

"All right, class! We've got some new students joining our school," Mrs. Lloyd smiled tightly.

I slumped my head against my chair and tapped my fingers on the desk. To everyone else, I was the shy girl. The nerdy girl. The "let's not hang out with you" girl. The "your accent is really thick and I don't know what you're saying" girl. I think you get it. With new students, maybe I could make one friend.

Two people walked in, and my jaw dropped. Because, standing right there, at the head of the class, were Leo and Caly!

"This is Leo Valdez and Caly Nightshade. They will be your classmates this year," Mrs. Lloyd chided.

"I only agreed to this because you were here," Caly said something I didn't understand, probably   a different language.

"I know, Mamacita," Leo laughed.

Caly glared.

"Excuse me," Mrs. Lloyd interrupted. "What language was that?"

"Greek." Caly said plainly. 

"Spanish," Leo added with a wink. Everyone ignored him.

"You'll do great in our Greek class, then!" Mrs. Lloyd chirped. 

Everyone groaned, including me. Mrs. Lloyd taught homeroom, while her husband - Mr. Lloyd - taught Greek. She was constantly talking about it and him.

"Oo-kay, then, Mr. Chopra will be here any minute! Toodles!" Mrs. Lloyd chirped. She waltzed out of the classroom with a giggle.

The day flew past us pretty quickly. Homework was light, bullies were on 'vacation', and I hadn't seen anything strange with Leo and Caly. Until-

RRRRRRING!

Kids stampeded out of the school, leaving Leo, Caly, and I last. 

"Well, never thought I'd see you here," I chuckled.

"Neither did I!" Caly laughed. Leo whirled around and shared a look with Caly, who pulled out... a dagger?!

"Wha-"

Fire appeared in Leo's palms and I screamed, jumping back.

The two launched themselves at a giant dog with glowing red eyes , and pretty soon, it disintegrated into golden dust.

"WHY DO YOU HAVE A DAGGER?!" I shrieked at Caly. I turned to Leo. "A-AND YOU WERE ON FIRE!"

"No...." Leo laughed nervously. He snapped his fingers and my vision turned hazy. "That's a pen. You're imagining things."

"That's a pen. I'm imagining things," I repeated. The two took off in a helicopter and I couldn't remember what I was doing there.

The last thing I said was, "Huh. Rich kids."