part 1

JAMES POV

the earth turns, the trees flow, people continue to breathe, and the sun rises and falls. the sun hitting your face when you wake up early just to have some fresh air, the sun falling as we sit on the roof and talk about the life we want to have in this cruel world. the seasons changing, us playing football in the summer and the ability to see your breath in winter when you make a stupid joke about snowman's balls. and you, you being the one thing in this life that doesn't make it as bad as it usually is.

*****

"you really are just a lazy person" wil says, laughing.
"well i'm sorry i can't do much when i have nothing planned" i say, trying to defend myself.
"well i need to go to bed soon, it's nearly 2am" wil says, yawning.
i turn to my phone which was right next to my face.
"i know it's 2am, but can you please stay on call with me for a few more minutes?"
"you said that an hour ago, plus i didn't get much sleep last night."
"why not?"
"i dunno; i guess it's because i was thinking too much."
"thinking about what?" i ask. wil doesn't respond. "hello, wil?" no response. i lay on my back and turn towards my phone to see how long we've  been on call for. 3 hours and 40 minutes.

"goodnight wil" my voice trails off, "i love you." i hang up and drop my phone onto my stomach and sit up, rubbing my face. it was nearly 2am.

i never find myself able to fall asleep unless i talk to him. his voice calms my body and i just relax, and i guess im the same with him. i get under the sheets and just lay staring at the ceiling. he's on my mind, he always is. i put my hands onto my face and just sigh. i turn on my phone again and read through our texts, smiling to myself. i text him;

'i'm always here for you, let me know if you need anything'

i turn off my phone and go to sleep. in the morning i wake up at around 7:30 and i go downstairs and make myself some cereal. i noticed that wil sent a text back from last night, i could feel myself get butterflies from the notification.

'thank you so much! that really means a lot. and i'm also always here for you, and if you need help, text me :)'

i blush upon reading that. does he really care about me..? i smile to myself and continue to eat my cereal.