Curative

Yuu's heart had decided to jump up repeatedly until it had finally become what seemed to be metaphorically lodged in his throat from its heavy pumping due to the adrenaline that flooded his jittery and shaken body.

  Once Yuu had reluctantly ended the phone call that he had so eagerly shared with Kouyou, the thing in itself causing an unimaginably heavy and troublesome burden to be lifted from his very soul, Yutaka had very quickly snatched him from his spot and ushered him out of the fairly modern building and into an expensive car.

  "Fuck you all!"

  Yuu's head whipped to the side at which he heard the gruff, heavy voice and multiple trails of well conducted curse words collect and emit. The detective was so rudely brought from his rather unclear recollections as to how and why he had been willingly dragged to the site where the man of his instant hatred had brazenly taken Kouyou; his current focus once again shifted, and before Tsuzuku- who had so graciously and roughly grabbed the criminal in custody and slammed him against the cold wooden slabs for silence to allow the other men at hand to work- could stop him, Yuu had already broken down the old door despite it and Yutaka's protests, and fetched Kouyou with much similarity as a protective and endearing parent would cradle their kin in a time of certain grief or pain.

  Yuu had very calmly- and if Yutaka were to put it in the best of Layman's terms, quietly- and solemnly withdrawn from the room, the expression of the detective matching and perhaps surpassing that of pure and raw disgust; but when Yuu's eyes flicked downward, his long, dark lashes fluttering gently with the delicate action, it was obvious to even Gackt that Yuu felt an instantaneous and deep connection to Kouyou and that he would remain by the young man's side even if Takanori were to very blatantly hurl soft spoken and controlled objections at the man who had emerged from the unsettling crime scene with a naked captive weighing far too lightly against his arms.

  "You really came for me..."

  Kouyou murmured the single phrase with a quiet breath of relief, his unstable tone lost in the creases of the black shirt that Yuu had worn to work. The man exhaled, his nostrils soon being flooded by what he supposed was Yuu's natural scent upon the much needed inhalation that when prolonged caused a discomfort in his lungs and chest. Kouyou liked this man- he seemed to be of a relatively calm nature, what with the way he hadn't been afraid to lift Kouyou from the cold floor in the despairing room and carry him out as if Kouyou was a jewel to be treasured and cherished with splendor.

  Kouyou had successfully buried and pressed his face into the junction of Yuu's neck and shoulder with little ease and great anxiety as what Yuu had often called a "murder" of reporters and newscasters began to harass and mindlessly ambush the entire team- no man was left unquestioned, as was so dutifully made sure of by people such as Subaru, a leading news anchor and part-time field reporter.

  "Yutaka," Yuu began to address his colleague, his tone almost as narrow and jagged as his squinted eyes. "I'm going with Kouyou to the hospital. Will you call me later and let me know about..." Yuu's dark eyes sought out the figure for which he was searching fervently, a spark of hatred forever woven into the orbs like the pattern of an intricate tapestry as they continued to evaluate the premises.

  Yutaka gave a slight inclination of his head, a silent and understood answer to Yuu's request.

  "Hey, Shiroyama, good work."

  Although the man wasn't quite in Yuu's line of keen vision, the detective knew to whom such an apathetic voice belonged. Yuu glanced down once more, his mind hastily alerting him of Kouyou's strange silence. A brief smile danced along Yuu's shaped lips passionately when he realized that Kouyou had fallen asleep right in Yuu's protective embrace. Yuu turned his head a bit. "Thank you, Gackt. Where's the ambulance?"

  "It's on its way." Gackt could only sigh upon seeing the awkward way that Yuu had taken it upon himself to slouch over Kouyou's unconscious frame in order to shield the severity of Kouyou's weakened and unclothed state from the prying eyes of the world. Gackt turned to his fellow worker, Kamijo, who had gone to record a few facts and returned to the small grassy clearing just before the home, and within minutes, Kouyou was covered by a soft blanket and placed on a stretcher.