Chapter 3

I wake up to the sunlight filtering slightly through the curtains. My new room was very simple, containing a bed, an oil lamp, a table and two chairs, a wardrobe, and a window framed by curtains. I take my uniform out of the wardrobe and head down to the girls washroom. When I enter, some girls are already in there.

"Mikasa! Pass the soap please!" A young blonde-haired girl stands at the sink, hands dripping, looking over her shoulder at a raven haired girl who's dressing herself.

When the girl sees me, she offers me a smile.

"Good morning, Cadet Corporal Parson!" She greets.

I smile in return.

"Good morning! You are...?"

"Krista Lenz, ma'am."

"It's nice to meet you! Do you know where I can find a new bar of soap? I've just gotten here and I don't have many supplies."

She looked sheepishly around and then back at me, shrugging her shoulders.

"You can use my spare one of you'd like." She held it out.

"Oh, thank you! Let me pay you for it." I fished around in my bag until I came up with the proper change for the bar of soap. When I dropped the change into her palm, her eyes widened considerably.

"This is way too much!" She gasped. "They don't cost this much!"

I frown slightly, cocking my head.

"Really...?"

Then it hits me. I've always grown up living as the daughter of a merchant, raised and groomed for success in wall Sina. Everything was more expensive.

(A/N: I wanted to throw a little of her history in there!)

After I wash up, I exit the room and head to breakfast. Hanji hurries towards me once I enter.

"Belle! Yoohoo!"
She waved energetically.

"I wanted to introduce you to a few members of the Hanji squad! This is Alisa," A cute young girl with wavy short hair steps forward. "And Tomoe." A young boy who copied Levi's expression stepped forwards.
"We have two more members, but they're currently off duty on injury suspension."

I shake their hands and smile.

"Delighted to be working with you!" I grin.

They greet me back in a similar way, even Tomoe.

"Also, Levi was looking for you. He wants to train you on horseback today." I cringe mentally. I don't need horseback training. But I was excited to meet my new horse.

We sat down to eat, but I barely had the first couple forkfuls in when someone slung me over their shoulder and marched out of the room. He smelled like soap and cinnamon. It was super relaxing. I tried not to inhale and I pounded on his back.

"Levi! PUT ME DOWN!"

He ignored me and carried me to the stable.

"You take forever. I can't trust you to walk."
I roll my eyes.

"So, what are we doing?"

He nods his head towards the end of the barn.

"Go meet your horse. Second to last stall."

I nearly sprint back to meet it. When I see it, I gasp in delight.

It's a beautiful dappled gray with white stockings.

"Name it." Levi says. "We don't have all day."

I examine it carefully and note that she is female.

"Peppamist." I decide.

"That's a weird name." He snorts.

"Shut up." I mutter.
He turns and scribbles her name down on the paper next to the stall.

"You paid a good amount for her." He notes. "You a rich girl or something?"

I freeze. I did not intend to let anyone know of my social status, but I'd already slipped up twice today.

"N-no... I'd just been saving up..."

He rolls his eyes.

"Whatever. Get familiar with her."

I take her out and start to brush and pat her. My stomach starts growling, and I try to hide it, but it's near impossible.

"You should've eaten more breakfast." He says.

"YOU are the one who THREW ME OVER YOUR SHOULDER and basically KIDNAPPED me!"

He shakes his head.

"You were taking too long! DIDN'T I tell you yesterday that we have a tight schedule here?"

I roll my eyes when he shoves something warm and soft into my arms. It's half a loaf of bread.

"Eat quickly." He tells me. "I'll be waiting on the field." He takes the reins of his own horse and boosts himself up. He rides off in a steady canter, me staring after him.

I chew a bite of bread and ponder just exactly how much he cares about me.

_______
Short chapter, sorry guys! I really just used this as a filler and introduction for some more characters! Tell me what you think please! ^~^