Chapter 2.

{Belle's POV}

"That irritable little snot!" I mutter, storming into the mess hall.

"Oh, excuse me." I say, my good mood returning when I bump into someone.

"Oh no, it was my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going, I'm sorry Corporal Parson!" The boy rushes, slamming his fist to his chest in a salute.

I give him a troubled look.

"Seriously, it's no big deal. You can relax." I laugh afterwards, and punch him lightly in the shoulder. "I'm not as uptight as some people here."

He visibly relaxed and met my gaze. He had brown hair and green eyes, and he had a feirce look to him.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Cadet Jaeger, Eren Jaeger, ma'am." He says.

I give him a friendly smile.

"I'm sure you already know, but I'm Corporal Parson, Belle Parson."

"Eren!" A voice cuts through and a blonde haired boy rushes up to him. When the boy notices me, he quickly throws a salute and hastily apologizes.

"I'm s-sorry, Corporal Parson! I- I didn't mean to interrupt!"

I widen my eyes for effect and look around.

"Does everyone already know who I am?" I ask, kind of creeped out.

Eren nods.

"We were told to recognize you as our superior."

I shake my head.

"I appreciate the respect, but I'm sure half of you are better fighters than I. I'm actually in training with Corporal Ackerman."

I move to get a tray of food, which contains a bread roll, a bowl of rice, and some vegetables. I wonder where I could eat, looking around the room, but I notice that the entire room seems.. depressing.

"Not a lot of happy people in here are there?" I murmur.

"I wish we could do something about that." Hanji says, appearing behind me.

"Oh, hello! Me too, no one is in high spirits."

"Some kind of entertainment would be nice..." Armin says, half to himself.

"That's a good idea!" I exclaim. "And I bet there are people in here that like to sing or dance."

Hanji laughs and agrees with the idea. Then, she calls for attention.

Everyone stands up and salutes.

"Listen up, cadets!" She calls cheerily. Let's have some entertainment here! Everyone seems out of the mood. Is there anyone who likes to sing or dance? OOH, I'll go first! I wrote a song about titans!"

I laugh and watch Hanji skip around and torture the cadets with her song.

"Hanji. Be quite." Mike mutters.
Hanji whips around and glares at him.

"No."

I widen my eyes as five seconds later as a scoop of vegetables hits Hanji's glasses.
She gasps and takes the nearest try of food and launches it back at Mike, hitting Erwin in the process. He laughs and then takes his potatoes and dumps them on my head.

"What the hell? I'm not part of this!" I laugh. I in turn fling a piece of bread at Armin, who then forces his bowl of soup to Eren's mouth. Eren gasps after that mouthful and Armin laughs next to him.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF WALL SINA IS GOING ON HERE!"

Silence.

Everyone's heads whip towards Levi, who's made his way to the center of the room. I immediately feel bad. Everyone's mood was so happy and I didn't want to ruin that. So I popped up behind him and sneered and copied what he said, exagerating his pose.